Part 5 past life

All that is said and done, I have nothing which I can give as a thankyou gift for her. So I planned to ask Jake about it he is Claire's brother. It had been a long time since I contacted him, but it was still the same the line didn't get through. I heard that he was studying abroad, and the conditions there seems to be very strict. Just was he managing there I don't know.

So it's on me to thank her. So I bought something that I know she will like it is chocolate, the most bitter one. She seemed to like it so much that she even said she would rather marry chocolate than my brother. Good old days. Forget it; the celebratory pack should be enough.

Thinking that I went to her apartment, I have to wait outside. She knew the password and everything about my living space but I know nothing about hers. I didn't even know if she is inside. On this rare holiday would she have stayed cooped up inside, wondering I pressed the doorbell.

The door opened soon, she stood inside with half messy hair and baggy clothes. I thought that she is still human it seems. I coughed a little and told her" I just came here to give you this gift"

She stared at me as if I was a exibit. I managed to continue "um... it is an apology for causing so much trouble, and also for thanking you."

I felt relieved when she took that from me saying " it was no trouble, jus my job. thank you. Is there anything else ?"

"no not at all. Then I am leaving." I went back to my room in a daze. It was like I didn't even know how to continue a conversation with her anymore, I knew only to talk about work. Before everything we would talk for hours together, and played together, but now everything seems so distant the person I knew is no longer the same one.

It was bad everything changed, I too. She also but I hurs to know that it cant go back to the same anymore. How I wish I can go back in time? Time waits for no one. Maybe just maybe if my brother was here it wouldn't be so awkward, I thought.