Fight me?

Frank had the worst immune system in the entire world.

It was like he was cursed. It could be the slightest bit colder outside and all of a sudden he would come down with the flu.

This was why he was in the hospital. He'd been at home with what he assumed was just another cold, when his friend and neighbour Ray had stopped by to ask how he was, considering he hadn't seen him leave the apartment in a few days.

He was underneath a pile of blankets, feeling both too hot and too cold at the same time, when Ray had walked into his room, a look of concern on his face.

"Hey man, how are you?" Ray had asked.

"Shit," He mumbled weakly.

"Dude you really don't look so good, I think you should get that checked out by a doctor..." he trailed off.

"M'fine" Frank had said, before having another coughing fit.

"Nuh uh, you really don't sound it, or look it for that matter."

"Dunno what you're on 'bout."

"I think we should take you to see a doctor. No buts. I'll drive you there."

"But... money?"

"Look, I'll help pay for it if you get your ass up and let me take you!" He exclaimed.

"Why?" Frank asked, sounding genuinely confused as to why his friend would do that for him.

"Because I worry about you you idiot! And I don't want you to not go and get checked out because you're afraid you won't have enough money." He finished.

Frank had nodded sleepily at this, and next thing he knew he was sitting in a hospital bed, not quite sure as to how he got there.

The doctors had given him an extra blanket, and a few pillows, which somehow Frank had managed to turn into something that may have resembled a nest if you squinted really hard.

Ray was sat next to him, eyes focused on his phone. It appeared as though he was playing some sort of game, but Franks slightly loopy from medication brain hadn't a clue what it was.

"Pssst... Ray!" He whisper giggled.

"Frank! You're awake!" He smiled.

"Why'm I here?"

"I took you here dumbass. You fell asleep on me. It was a good thing I took you here as well. Turns out you have pneumonia."

"'S fine. Had it a few times. I'll live," He smiled back at Ray.

"I can't believe you," Ray sighed.

For the next few days (or maybe weeks, it was hard to keep track of time) Frank was stuck in that hospital bed. He didn't have much to do and was constantly bored.

Sleeping was hard due to the pains he felt in his chest, and the programs on TV always seemed to be these lame soap operas that his mom used to watch when he was a kid.

Needless to say, the only real thing that keep him entertained was his family and friends visiting him. Ray had also been kind enough to drop off his phone, so at least now he could listen to music to help ease the pain.

It was early in the morning, well actually it was about 11am, but that was early enough to Frank, who was awoken from the first proper sleep he'd had in ages to someone walking around his bed.

"I'm just here to check your vitals," The voice said.

"Fight me." Frank murmured, still half asleep.