Amortentia

"Stupid Fucking Frank and his stupid Fucking face." Gerard growled.

Ray sighed, having already heard about how much Gerard 'despised' Frank Iero. Frank was the head of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. He was popular, and everybody seemed to like him. He carried this air of ease, like he didn't really care about much, and just somehow managed to cruise through life without a care in the world.

That's what most people thought of him. Gerard however, thought he was a stuck up pretentious asshole who thought he was better than everybody. He seemed to love taunting Gerard in the corridors, just little snide comments here and there.

He was so glad thy didn't have many lessons together, but still, he dreaded the ones they did.

It was like Frank was playing a game of 'how flustered can I make Gerard.' He always chose to partner with him in potions, and always got Gerard in trouble for shit he didn't do. They had had to be split up multiple times by professor Slughorn, who was worried they'd end up killing each other.

"What did he do now?" Ray asked.

"Existed."

Ray let our another exasperated sigh. "Gerard, come on. You have potions now, you can complain to me about Frank after."

"I don't wanna go. He'll make me partner with him, can you skip with me? Please Ray?"

"No. I've already missed enough Muggle studies as it is. I can't miss anymore because of your stupid feud with Frank."

"Ugh. Whatever. I'll see you after then."

He waved the Hufflepuff goodbye, before making his way down to the dungeons. That's when he had an idea. If he hid in the toilets for the first 10 minutes or so then hopefully everyone would have already chosen their partners so he wouldn't have to go with Frank.

With that decided he ducked into a bathroom to the left.

He waited for about 5 minutes before emerging, and finishing his journey to the potions room.

But it was just his luck wasn't it. Because as soon as he opened the door a figure creeped up behind him.

"Boo!"

Gerard jumped and spun around only to see a grinning Frank right in his face.

"I see you're also late" he smirked.

"So? What's it to you,"

"Nothing." But he was still grinning.

"Well Gerard, it looks like we are the only two people that haven't got a partner, so would you do me th-"

"No. Fuck off."

"But Gee~"

"No."

"Fine." Frank pouted, But still took a seat next to him.

Gerard sighed. This was going to be a long lesson. He thought.

"And so this is what the finished potion will look like." Slughorn said, gesturing to the cauldron in front of him. A series of nods and murmurs went around the class, and it stuck Gerard that he didn't know what potion they were brewing.

"Now class, what can you smell?" He asked.

Gerard took a sniff of the air before realising he wouldn't be able to smell anything over Franks bloody cologne.

"For fucks sake frank, how much cologne did you put on this morning? I can't smell anything else, how does he expect me to tell him what the potion smells of."