You look like someone I used to love

This story is up as it's own thing but I thought I should add it here anyway. If you haven't already seen it then enjoy! :)

Something was missing.

Something was always missing. Frank didn't know what it was, or why he thought that, but he knew that something was missing.

But how can something be missing? He wondered. He'd been in this place for as long as he could remember, the clinical white walls surrounding him, and clouding his memories.

The thing that had always bothered him was the children. There was something wrong with the children. He could never pinpoint what it was, but he was sure that there was something so very wrong with the children.

He had no idea why he thought that.

They all act the same, each going about their day, wake up, school, home etc. All the same tasks everyday, with the same expressions on their faces. They act the same as everyone else, and so he wondered how could anything be wrong.

He was sure he acted the same way as a child.

He would be even more sure though if he could actually remember his childhood.

He didn't remember much. Just adulthood. But he guessed that's what seeing the same scenery, and doing the same things every day did to you.

Every day is just the same cycle. Wake up, take your pills, have breakfast, go to work, have lunch, take your pills, go home, have dinner, take your pills, listen to the news, get into bed, take pills, sleep. Over and over again.

But something was so so wrong, and he hadn't a clue what it was. Maybe he needed to speak to someone and ask about getting a higher dosage of pills, to see if that helped him.

He made a mental note to do that on his way back from work. In the meantime, he continued to work on his small grey computer. Inputting details from the sheets that were handed out to him.

Everyone did the same thing, but that's just how things worked at BL/ind. There was nothing unusual about it, this is normal for them, which was why Frank was alarmed at how unsettled he was here.

He wanted to do something else. Do anything else. Anything but sit here and do this.

That settled it, he really needed to speak to someone about the pills. He wasn't meant to be having thoughts like this, these thoughts are bad.

He counted down the minutes until he could go home. But home wasn't really the right word. He wasn't even sure what the word home meant, but it sure as hell wasn't the place he lived in.

The place he lived was just like any other apartment in Battery City, in fact, it was exactly the same. Home definitely wasn't the right word. What he had was four walls and an empty husk.

He was glad that work ended then, as he wasn't sure how much longer he could stay without taking pills. Surely he would go mad.

He stopped off on his way back from work.

'Please state your name and intention' the robotic voice said.

"Frank Iero, I'm here to request a higher dosage of pills" Frank replied, In almost the same robotic voice.

"Processing request. Please wait while we bring this up with higher management."

And Frank waited, just like he had been instructed to do, because that's what you did here. You followed the instructions given to you. If you didn't, well... Frank wasn't too sure what would happen if you didn't, but he assumed that you'd be left outside Battery City in the wastelands.