Chapter XIX.

Salma runs her hands through her hair as she sat in the doctor by herself, she sat in a white gown and she looked down as she waited for the doctor to come back. Augustus would have come but he got caught up in an emergency meeting and he couldn't necessarily get out of it in time. Other than Augustus not coming to her doctors appointment, Salma was happy about getting her niece today. Salma fiddled with her gown, this was a very important checkup because she was getting a checkup right along with a fertility test. She quickly grabs her phone and decides to send Augustus a text while she waited.

I'm so scared Auggie.

She sits her phone down and on cue the doctor comes walking in. Salma's new doctor, Dr. Colton had a blank facial expression and Salma knew this was bad because she got that look her entire life when she went to the doctor, it was never anything good. Augustus texted back and she picked up her phone for a moment.

Auggie Bear: It's gonna be alright Liebling

Auggie Bear: You always are very healthy when we go

Salma didn't know about this time and Dr. Colton looks at the papers and he sighs. "Everything seems very healthy, your vitals are good and you are healthier than the last checkup which is good. Your goal is to eat more and gain some healthy weight and you made it past your goal which is very good as well. Mr. Wolfgang made it very clear that he was gonna make sure that you eat like you're supposed to." Dr. Colton chuckled and Salma chuckles with a smile. "Yes, even when I didn't want to.. he made me because he knows how stubborn I am." Salma laughed and Dr. Colton nodded and he looked at another paper.

Dr. Colton couldn't even look her in the eye this time because Salma was gonna get married, he knows how she wanted to start a family sometime in her life but this might actually break her. "But.. I did some testing for your fertility and you.. Have a one percent chance of having a child and if you do.. The child might not make it and you won't either. You're healthy for just yourself but carrying a child might just kill you and the child." Dr. Colton stated and Salma mouth parted as she stares at Dr. Colton. She began to cry as she looks down, Dr. Colton comfortingly rubs her shoulder because he couldn't necessarily do anything else.

Salma rubs her face and she wipes under her eyes, Doctor Colton gives her some tissue. "I-I don't want to hear anything else, please just.. Just.." Salma couldn't even finish her sentence and she began to feel so ashamed of herself, she hated herself now because why did she had to get so incredibly sick for it to really affect her life the way that did. She missed out on so much and she really thought that she could get the life she wanted since she wasn't sick like she was most of her life but she thought wrong.  "Thank you and you will see me next month." Salma rushed out and Dr. Colton didn't know what to say, he left the room and Salma changed back into her regular clothes.

Salma didn't know how she was gonna tell her family and she didn't know how she was gonna tell Augustus because he didn't know that she got a fertility test.

Salma sits in her car and she sat in the parking lot, she felt so sick and her heart felt so heavy that she didn't know how to feel but it was killing her slowly and yet very quietly.

Salma didn't know if she could keep her niece and she didn't think she could even look at another baby at this point without crying her eyes out. Salma takes her phone out and she immediately calls him. He answers with a smile. "Hey, baby, how's everything at the doctors?" Augustus questions and Salma covers her mouth because she wanted to just burst into tears, she sighs and she looks down. "Everything is fine but-but.." She began to cry and Salma hears the sound of keys clinking. "Goodness, Liebling, are you still at the doctor's? Don't move anywhere. I'm coming and stay on the phone with me." She hears doors opening and then him hissing in German because I'm pretty sure the people he's in a meeting with are bitching at him.