Exams

I sulked in my seat and crossed my arms, my lip jutting out in a poor attempt for a pout. I really wanted to go with Ed and Al to Liore, but the Colonel Bastard wouldnt let me. He said "Its millitary buisness" and "Not a place for little girls."

"Damn him." I grumbled.

Havok, who I met a little earlier, laughed at my comment. "You sound just like Ed!"

"Whatever pervert."

It sounded like an anvil hit him on the head and he slouched in defeat before suddenly jumping up and shaking his fist at me. "I am not a pervert!"

"You're right..."

He sighed. "Thank you..."

"Mustang is."

"What?" The raven poked his head out of his office, his teeth grinding together out of irritation.

"You heard me! Dont think I havent heard about your plan to make female officers wear mini skirts!" I pointed at him. "You're just as bad, if not worse than Havok!"

"HEY!" They both shouted at me.

The door behind me was slammed open and someone came running in. I could recognize that face anywhere!

"Roy! Look at this picture of little Alicia on her trike! Is'nt she adorible!" Hughes shoved a picture in Mustangs face. The raven frowned and slammed the door, claiming he "had paperwork to do." I called bullshit, but whatever.

Hughes pouted. He was about to leave when he spotted me. He rushed over and started pulling out picture after picture of his wife and daughter. I was fighting the urge to hug the bubbly man in front of me and throw him into a room surrounded by foam.

"Who are you anyway?" He asked all of a sudden.

"My name is Adiline, but everyone calls me Addie." I held my hand out for him to shake.

"It's nice to meet you Addie. I dont mean to sound rude, but why are you here?"

"The Colonel is watching over me since he found me. Apparently, I was transported across the boarder and have no way home. Plus, the Fuhrer wants me to take the State Alchemy Exam to see if I'm useful." I shrugged my shoulders. I felt arms wind around me and pull me into a crushing hug.

"You poor thing!" He spun me around in circles. "If you ever need anything, dont be afraid to ask your Uncle Hughes!"

I giggled and when he let me go, the room was spinning. My father used to do that for me when I was little. I missed the feeling of his arms around me.

But whats dead must stay dead.

"So, do you have a plan?" Hughes asked me.

"I dont know." I put a finger to my chin. "I guess there is one thing I wanna try." I smirked evily.

"And whats that?"

"I wanna fight Mustang."

Hughes binked a few times before laughing nervously. "Dont you think that might be a little bit of a stretch?"

"Maybe. The first time I used Alchemy was a few days ago, so I might need a little help."

"A few days ago!?" Mustang, who had been listening the whole time, came running out of his office, a look of bewilderment on his face. "What do you mean it was your first time!?" He demanded.

"Roy, what the hell are you going on about?" Hughes asked his friend.

"Remember the girl I told you about? The one that escape the hospital?"