A Burning Blaze

If there was one word for Sakura to describe the Hyuga compound, it would be intimidating. Formidable stone walls stood tall, the symbol of the Hyuga clan proudly engraved in deep markings on the polished surfaces. The walls were as much of a statement to the public as they were representative of the Hyuga's reserved culture. It's separating them from the rest of the public in Konoha, Sakura noted. Essentially saying that the common people don't deserve to be welcome in their compound. How cocky. Yet, the kunoichi could also understand why the walls were put in place. There have been many attempts to steal the Hyuga's precious dojutsu and secrets, which they guard adamantly and take to their graves. The walls could also protect the compound from would-be thieves, albeit more symbolically than physically.

As the medic walked closer to the immense compound, she spotted two shinobi standing vigilantly on either side of a large gateway, blocking any commoner's view of the mysterious Hyuga. I understand their caution, but this is overkill, the kunoichi looked on, confused. Once the guards noticed that her intended destination was the gateway, they instantly turned to her and surveyed her being, trying to detect if she was a threat. Two pairs of pale, identical orbs studied her, never relenting as she came to a stop before them.

"State your business." A female guard stepped forward, aiming her pupil-less eyes at the girl.

Sakura shifted uncomfortably. "My name is Sakura Haruno," she supplied. "I'm here because, um, I have a problem with my chakra pathways. They're blocked."

The guard raised her eyebrow, before narrowing her eyes in suspicion. "Did the Hyuga you were sparing with not unblock your pathways?"

"I wasn't sparing with a Hyuga," Sakura corrected. "I was..." Oh no. What am I supposed to tell them? If I was sparing with a Hyuga, they would have unblocked it for me, like the guard said. What else could block chakra pathways?

"...experimenting with an ancient medical scroll," she hastily blurted, "which had some unforeseen consequences. I just want to get my pathways checked out." That should do it.

The guard narrowed her eyes in suspicion, before bringing two fingers in front of her face. Her eyes snapped wide open, veins tracing their way around her eyes to her temples.

"Byakugan!"

The Hyuga only assessed Sakura for a couple of moments, before abruptly breaking eye contact and nodding to her partner.

"Take her straight to the main house."

He gave a signal of confirmation, before motioning for the kunoichi to follow him. Both he and his partner pushed at the heavy wooden gates, which budged open just enough for both Sakura and her escort to fit inside. Inside, multiple sets of traditional-style houses with slanted roofs lined the sides of the bordering walls, likely residences for branch family members. A widespread cobblestone courtyard laid in the middle of the houses, sprinkled with a few lush trees for decoration. Out of the corner of her eye, Sakura spotted three small children playing in the back corner of the courtyard, laughing and giggling before an older woman came out, reprimanding them. The shinobi guiding her continued straight through the courtyard, back to a mansion that laid that the end of it.

The slightly larger house had a Japanese roof with the traditional sliding doors that seemed to accompany all of the Hyuga residences. Gold emblems were embedded into the wooden posts, showcases in the Hyuga clan symbol in a modest display of beauty.

"This way." The guard motioned for her to follow him inside, sliding open the panel before taking off his tightly fastened combat boots and setting them neatly aside. The kunoichi imitated him, sliding off her knee-high boots and exposing her bare feet. Inside of the room was a single, low-standing oak table with a steaming pot of tea resting silently upon it. Sitting at the table, carefully sipping his pipping hot tea, was no other than Hyuga Hiashi.