What they think of me

The next day, I went over to the guild to pick a job. Since I have no magic, I picked one for fighting. "Looking for a candidate for street fighting! Award is 100,000,000,000 jewels." I have it to the girl on the counter that I met earlier. Her name was Mirajane. She read it and asked "What kind of magic do you use?" I looked at the floor a minute. I had only one magic at the moment and it was me magic. I shock my head and said "I can't use magic yet." She looked surprised. She nodded and stamped the paper. I took it and headed to the door. I heard someone approach me. "Chieko-san, are you going alone on a job?" I turned and it was Wendy Marvell. I nodded. "Can I go with you?" She asked.

I actually knew what to answer. A simple 'no'. But, since she's my age and she's also a dragon slayer, I suppose she has experienced fighting. I nodded. She smiled and turned around. "Charle! I'm going on a job! I'll be back!" She yelled to her exceed. "Be safe!" She yelled back. We exited and I chuckled. "Do you even know what job I'm going to?" I asked with a smirk. She nodded. "Street fighting." I was actually surprised she knew. But, I also knew why. "Mirajane-san told you, didn't she?" I asked. She nodded. "I decided to go with you because I want to increase by hand-to-hand combat skills. You see, you know I'm a dragon slayer, but I don't think I have the capability of even killing a dragon. That's why I don't like combat, my magic is healing." She confessed. I chuckled.

~Time Skip End of Day

We went back to the guild with a large trophy and unscratched thanks to Wendy. I opened the guild doors and I yelled "We're back!" Everyone looked at us surprised. We carried the trophy up stairs to Master's office. I opined the door. "Master, we brought you something!" I looked at his surprised face. "You took the street fighter job?! And won?! Both?!" He asked screaming of excitement. We both nodded. He took the trophy and went down stairs screaming "Brats! The youngest female members of our guild won a trophy in street fighting!" Everyone was amazed when the master yelled. "But master, why did Chieko win a trophy if she's not even a mage?!" Asked a boy named Max. "Max! She is a mage!... Everyone, stop everything for a minute.  Natsu, Grey! Stopped fighting! Levy, stop reading! Cana, stop drinking!" Everyone paid attention at master. "Do you feel that immense power?" Everyone nodded.

"That power comes from Chieko-san." Everyone gasped. I felt special, for I didn't feel that energy. From that day on, I decided that what others think of me concerns me, because I care for myself. I don't need people nor friends to be happy. I only need books and hope. Come to think of it... I haven't cracked a smile since I got here. Later that day, Lucy came to me and said "If you don't manage to make a smile somehow, your heart will brake in a snap."