Calm before the Storm

Sorry this chapter took longer than I hoped to come out. Just took a while to figure out a good way to get from event A to B. And stuff happening. I will release another one shortly after this to try make up for this.

<Delta's POV>

Almost at once everyone woke up and sat up. "I haven't slept that well in days" Nathan said, stretching. "Yeah, same. And I was blackout drunk" I said, chuckling.

Everyone laughed a bit. I'm glad everyone is getting along.

"Yep..Thank god we're not doing anything for a couple days...My head's killing me" Bryce said with a chuckle. Rubbing the back of his head with a paw.

"Yeah..Same.." I added, the feeling of shit from being blackout drunk yesterday starting to kick in.

'PILOT. I AM REPORTING IN. I AM FULLY OPERATIONAL AND AM ON MY WAY BACK. I ASSUME I'VE MISSED SOMETHING?' Nexus asked via our neural link. 

'You could say that...And I'm glad to hear your back in working order' I responded. 'I SEE, WELL. I'VE GOTTEN SOME NEW SCANS OF THE NEARBY FOREST FOR US TO SEARCH FOR THE ARC I DETECTED NOT LONG AGO. SUGGEST WE GO AND INVESTIGATE IT' Nexus said.

'Sounds like a plan..How far in do you think it is?' I asked. 'SCANS INDICATE THAT IT COULD BE DEEPER IN THAN WE FIRST EXPECTED. IT WILL TAKE 2 DAYS TO MAKE OUR WAY TO THE ESTIMATED LOCATION OF THE ARC, ASSUMING WE DON'T GET LOST OR SET BACK' Nexus responded.

'Damn, alright. When do you think we should go investigate?' 'I'D RECOMMEND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE'

'Okay. Maybe we could drag some of our new friends along? We could find Reza while at it' I suggested. 'IT COULD BE LIKELY THAT HE IS HIDING THERE. AS THERE ARE STRUCTURES IN THE AREA HE COULD BE HIDING IN. HOWEVER IT IS A MASSIVE FOREST AND THE JOURNEY WILL BE LONG. WE WOULD NEED TO BRING SUPPLIES TO LAST FOR THAT TIME' Nexus responded.

'I'm sure it will be fine, it's just like a camping trip' I said. 'POINT TAKEN'

I looked to the group. I wonder how many of them would be willing to go?

I was sitting on the couch with a glass of water, with Remy and Bryce. Everyone else still where they were before I began 'talking' to Nexus.

"So, just spoke with Nexus there. Not only did he manage to find a set of possible spots where Reza could be. But also where the Arc to send me and Nexus home could be. So we're gonna be searching for it for a few days. So. We were wondering if any of you would want to come with? Seeing as it's most likely just gonna be a camping trip with extra steps" I spoke up.

"I don't see why not. As we could find something of use" Bryce said. "Exactly" Sebastian said. Nathan nodded. "I guess I'll tag along"

"While I could say 'fuck no not with a killer on the loose'. I'm technically gonna be safer coming with you all anyway. And work is being a bitch so..I'm in" Anna said. I looked to Remy. "Same here..Sorta" He said.

"I know someone who will want to tag along, someone who can help and be our eyes in the sky if needed" He added. "Adine?" I asked. He nodded.

"The more the merrier. As they say" Bryce said with a chuckle.

"So when are we going?" Sebastian asked. "In a few days I suppose. Give us all time to prepare?" I asked. Everyone nodded.

"So we'll meet up by the entrance to the forest. And just head in when we're all there?" Nathan asked. "Sounds like a plan" Anna said with a nod.

"So. Should we just order food. Tell Adine if she's the one that arrives. And then go our separate ways for now?" I asked. "Sounds good" Nathan said.

We called up and ordered. Remy offering to be the one to pay. I'm not gonna be the one to stop him as- Come on I have no money that's of value to this place.

After he ordered it was a case of waiting. So while we waited we decided to play the one game that can ruin friendships faster than monopoly. Spin the bottle.

I think we allll know what's gonna happen.

So first to spin was Anna and it landed on Nathan. Anna smirked slightly. 

"So, truth. Or dare?" She asked. "I'm gonna regret this..Dare" He responded. "I dare you to kiss the dragon- Or human here you have a crush on" She said with a smirk.

"That's not like you" Remy said with a chuckle. "Cmon. I see a chance. I'm gonna take it" She responded with a slight shrug.

Nathan sighed, then leant closer to Sebastian. Who looked surprised as Nathan gave him a kiss on the lips. He then looked away, blushing a bit. Sebastian was left blushing and speechless. Anna chuckled.

"Happy now?" "Very"

Nathan spun the bottle around next, and lo and behold it landed on Anna. "Ah, fuck" She chuckled. "Well, throw it at me. Truth" She said. "Hmm, what is the biggest lie you've ever told anyone?" Nathan asked.

"Probably that I cared about something I found stupid, just for a friend" Anna responded. She then spun the bottle.

After a second of spinning it, it landed on me. I let out a sigh. "Truth, or Dare" Anna asked. "Dare"

"Do a magic trick" She said, I got a idea.

"Alright, gimme a sec. Though" I said as I got up and run to my room to grab something. I came back out wih a part of my gear on. The left glove with a wire running up my arm to a brace-type thing on my back with a device in it.

Closing my fist I phase-shifted and I ran to behind her then phased back to reality. "Boo" I said with a monotone tone. She let out a yelp as she jumped.

"Thats not a magic trick" She said with a slight chuckle. "Any piece of technology that is advanced enough can be seen as magic though" I chuckled.

The doorbell then went and I went to open it. I brought our food in with Adene and we explained the situation to her. And soon enough we had a plan. A date. And a list of things to get. And after eating we went our separate ways- Well. Everyone left. And I stayed. This is my place afterall.

'PILOT. WE HAVE A FEW DAYS TO PREPARE. HOW DO YOU WISH TO DO IT?' 'The old fashioned way. Train our asses off'