Something In the Past

Julius looks at King's profile for a very long time and then he put it in his table.

He close his eyes as he lean his head in the chair.

Arthur tilt his head.
"What? That is still considered a safe zone and for your information my baby cousin is one of the trainees going." He said. Though Arthur say that he understand Julius fear. It is not the best time for the Empire. If something happens...He will surely blame himself.

"Where is Loki?"
Julius has a very few sets of friend but surprisingly, Loki, the one people thought as his rival is actually his rare friends.

"He is in the East."
Of course, Arthur is also one of his friend. It's quite obvious. It is partly because their family are very close that they know the ins and outs about each family members.

"That idiot allow his brother to go?"

"Uncle didn't tell him. I don't dare be the one to take the cursing because of it. And sides Thor said he really wants to go. My heart says not let the poor kid be disappointed." Arthur stands up and look at Julius frowning face.

"King doesn't like being dirty." He sigh.

"He did survive being beaten by that idiot back then. I'm sure King is not as weak as you all think he was."

"But King likes it when we pamper him."

"Who wouldn't be? Anyways, I have to go. I already told you the news. I'm leaving."

Julius close his eyes and sigh.

****

Knock.

"Who is it?"

"M.G. Mendez, This is Col. Mendez. Can I talk to you for a while, Sir?"

"Big Brother!" King is the one who opens thr door.
That adorable twinkling eyes that didn't age as he remembered.

"King. Why are you here?"

"Come inside. If someone sees me talking informally they will make my life hard again, hurry." King said and made a hurried motion with his hand.

Julius gloomy fewling slightly lessen and he gave him a warm smile.

"What brings you here?" M.G is Julius legally Grandfather after his daughter (King's Mother) adopted him.
He never discriminate him from being adopted and always patiently gave him all the best training and education. Besides from hardwork and self motivation, all his glory today can be all credited to this man.
To Julius, more than a loving grandfather, father and husband, he is more like the embodiment of a true military man.
When he first met King.
Julius just started learning about military rules.
When he got adopted his 'mother' told him alot of stories about her own son. That he should always protect him and treats him as his real brother.
At first, he only comply as a mandatory answer. Parents always favor their 'own' flesh and blood. So he thought that she is warning him that he should always show respect and gave way for the real 'son' in order to have a warm family.

King is a spoiled brat.
He is only 8 when he met him.
The small chubby cheek snow white with his black thick eye lashes and red lips.
The child doesn't talk much but he will always gave his best smile.
Julius is in the side and contented on watching the happy family.
Even the Major General shows a rare happy smirk when the brat giggles at him.

When that child looks at him he thought that it is time to act as a 'good' brother and let the insults comes and go with a smile.

"Bwothew. Bwothew wayks cwocho?"

"Hmmm?"

"Ay wayk it tow." And he laughs shaking Julius hand giving him small little chocolates he is secretly hiding in his pocket.
They are all melted and it doesn't look very appetizing.
But it warms Julius cold heart.
It is like someone finally told him that he doesn't need to act tough and that it is fine to cry if he wants too.

He hugs the small boy and cried.

The small hands that pat his hand saying, "Bwothew, dow wy. Bwothew, monswer is not swary. Gwanpa defwet monswer. Dow wy. Dow wy." But the kid who is telling the older brother not to cry also starts crying and the two hugs each other crying.
The Elders around are just watching and they gave a smile as they left the two children on their own worlds.

Julius can still remember that day very clearly.
King has always been someone who can break all the ice in his heart.
People said he treats King so good that is not healthy anymore but Julius can only gave him so little of his time. So all those time should be given his all.

"Brother?"

Julius rubs King's head.
"I heard your team will be dispatch."

"True. The guys are all excited. What about my feelings?" King exaggerated and hugs Julius slim waist.
"I just want to stay with brother like this."

Carlos coughs loudly (obviously faking it).

King who is very good at coaxing move to his grandfather and hugs him too.

"And with Grandpa too."

"Actually, there's a way." Julius said seriously. He never likes underhanded tricks but for his family, virtue is not important.

King frowns.
"Brother, I love you so I don't like how you always treat me like I am stupid." King's frown.

"He is not thinking like that. There is a way." Grandpa.

"Grandpa and brother! Enough! I know that you already use your connections in helping me solve my later problem. And besides, the whole point of doing a mandatory military service is to help the military as an actuall reserves. I can mostly act the part." King smiles.
Though he wants the idea of slacking off. He hates people telling him he is a wimp.
And that woman back there will be the first to call him that if he didn't go to the departure order.

"Father will not like that."
Julius looks at The Major General.

Grandpa raises a brow.
"He is a busy man."

"Yeah. Uncle Howard is scary sometimes. Let's not involve the Commander in chief shall we?" King brush it as a joke but that idiot is really bad for his health.

"My boy, We are just worried about you. That is why I want to break someone's neck when I heard they include you in that departure order. I always knows that shitty Tyler won't just shut up!" Carlos said angrily slamming the table.

"So it is him...huh.
" King wryly smile then he wound his arms around his grandpa's neck and giggles.

"What?" Carlos.

"What if he likes you grandpa? And he is just messing with you so he can...you know, get your attention. And maybe hates me cause you always talks about me. Instead of focusing on him? Aw!" King rubs his hurt forehead.

"Naughty brat. Not everyone is gay like you." He sigh.

King giggles.
"But what if? Major General Tyler is pretty younger than Grandpa. I think you will definitely be the bottom.Awts! Brother, woe is to me. Grandpa is violent." King moves away after being flick twice and hugs Julius.

Whispering, "Brother should focus on me alone too."

Julius blinks and look at King teasing smile. He shakes his head and ruffles his head.

"Naughty brat. Aren't I already doing that?"

"Hmmm~"

A/N:

Before sleeping.
Bow.
Lols