0.1 | the real surprise

———

———

   I am barely alive

I am barely alive. Is it really a goodbye? All I feel right now is sadness.

My dad told me that he has arrived. So that was why I was about to get out from my house. I was on my way to my dad's car when it all happened too fast. Too fucking fast.

It doesn't feel right. I couldn't process anything that was happening at all. I stood still even when I heard my brother yells my name. Cursing in the same sentences. But I seriously couldn't move.

My eyes couldn't focus on the whole things and the people around me, except for the sight I have of my father lying on the floor. Almost lifeless.

My vision getting blurry. And I fell hopelessly on the concrete. I don't feel any pain at all even though my knees met the hard concrete.

Who am I kidding? The pain couldn't surpass the pain I feel emotionally right now. I tried to get up and ran to him. I hold his hand. It was cold.

"Dad, look at me. I promise you it will be okay. Everything will be okay," I said with a broken voice.

And he did look at me. But promises can be broke.

"Trust me you'll be okay," I said again. "You hear that? You'll be okay, dad." Not to him. But to myself. I was hopelessly convincing myself. And yet again, sometimes trust wouldn't be enough.