[ 2,stairs ]

the bell rang signing that the school today had ended.

y/n walked up to yashiro 's classroom and called out to her, " yashiro! oi cutie pie merma- " the younger hushed the older girl and dragged her out from the classroom.

" hikari senpai! don't go expose me like that! "

the second year student plastered a straight smile and replied, " first, y/n senpai and second, you think they'll actually think you're a mermaid? no and beside you're a fish- well a cute fish so I never exposed you from the start " yashiro puffed her cheeks and made a sulky face.

" aww don't be all sulky , hanako won't like seeing his cute , kind and reliable assistant all upset right? " y/n lifted up both side of the girl's lips , creating a smile on the younger's face.

" y/n senpai... can you tag along with me for today? to hanako? "

y/n pondered for a little while before slinging her arm around yashiro's shoulder. she accepted yashiro's invitation.

" sure! beside my family won't be home till.. who know? so yeah, curfews don't matter. "

" oh and! since your family won't be at home how about a sleepover tomorrow? at your house? "

" lets invite your friends. " the two were engaged in an entertaining conversation with each other until they arrived in front of the door to the toilet.

yashiro twisted the knob and opened it , revealing a floating short boy near the window.

" oh? you guys are here, heyya y/n! "

something in his sentence seemed off.

" did you guys plan this? for me to come here? "

" oops we got caught yashiro. " hanako dramatically reacting as he gave yashiro a back hug. that somehow bothered her but took no mind to it.

" so what purpose am I here for? "

" to help yashiro! oh and you haven't meet him yet but we got another fella joining us , an exorcist precisely. " the boy answered floating around y/n.

sounds of someone stomping was heard.

" ah what a great timing , y/n meet minamoto kou. " then a familiar blonde haired boy showed up with a yell.

" k-kou-chan?! " the boy's eyes blinked several times before he organised his thoughts.

" y-y/n nee-chan! wh-what are you doing here! " y/n went up to him, crossing her arms and shook her head.

" I got tricked. by the way, are you with them now? hanako said that you joined them. " kou glared at the said apparition and replied with a clear no.

" today we're going to misaki stairs! no is not allowed, and I'll only protect yashiro since she's my assistant... you two... take care of yourself! " y/n scoffed and mouthed something to the blonde boy beside her.

" yeah! y/n nee-chan is right! " the girl smiled softly , adoring the boy grin and how he's all cheerful and competitive.

" you precious cutie. " she swore that was unintentional.

" we're not in some sort of fictional love story, stop. "

" hey! let me be, it slipped out okay. lets just go to the stair! " y/n put her hands on kou's shoulders before pushing him toward the supposed location.

" y-y/n-nee! "

you did not signed up for this energy dehydrating situation.

scissors, dolls and stairs. all these may sound normal but in here it's either survive or die.

" cmon! I'm not that young, I don't have many stamina as you guys! and you can just float! no fair! " you pouted, stomping along the staircase.

" what? I told you right, take care of yourself "

" and you never give me any choices and hear my opinions. and now you're scolding me. "

" because you're complaining , shut up or I'll throw you down there " the floating being pointed his finger to the dark and mysterious pit.

you bit your lower lips and rolled your eyes, annoyed at how the boy's acting toward you. is he on his period or something?, you thought.

" are... you okay, y/n senpai? " you flashed a smile toward yashiro and assured her that you're fine.

" if you say so senpai... " you combed the girl's back hair a little with your fingers and gave the younger girl an assured wink.

actually, I think I could faint anytime now due to my health.

you chuckled at the thought and continued till they reach the finishing point.

— ♡

heyya!! omg exams are coming next week and I'm pulling an all nighter today , secretly.. heh.. to study? of course not , it's to not waste my precious two day holidays. Anyways , I hope y'all are doing fine I need to go now bye! stay healthy!

edited; 22/11 | ya know some random acc messaged me about web novel or sumn. Funny thing lol. I have trust issues so sorry whoever you are beside wtf is even good in this book????