A walk in the woods

You were sitting on the couch browsing Reddit, upvoting the memes that made you crack a smile. You were currently looking at cats in sinks. Those pictures are really random but also cute at the same time.

Soft steps on the floor were heard from the kitchen, your dog Ezio appeared and came to say hello. He quickly hopped on the couch and decided to cuddle with you.

Ezio is a Swedish white Elkhound, and he's a big boy too. You named him after Ezio Auditore da Firenze from Assassin's Creed. He's the sweetest dog in the world and he wouldn't hurt anyone, unless it was a threat to you. A cuddly guard dog as others would say.

You shifted your gaze away from the memes and gave some attention to your dog, you pet him on the head and scratched him behind his ears, making him cover your whole upper body with his. You barked out a laugh since Ezio was pretty heavy, you couldn't really breathe.

You closed your phone and sat straight up, making Ezio hop off of you. Now that he got your attention, he ran towards the hallway and came back with a leash in his mouth.

You looked at the clock ad it said 10 pm. Your eyes widened, "No way, I've been on my phone for 2 hours straight! It only felt like 20 minutes-" you quickly hopped off the couch and put the leash on Ezio
The two of you quickly ran to the hallway, turning off the lights of the living room, to put on a thick jacket and some hiking boots. Once everything was set you opened the front door and let Ezio outside first.

You two would usually make a walk through the park, but since it was full of teens you'd rather avoid it. Big boys need big walks, you'd probably be gone for a while.

"Well, the woods it is then. You with me Ez?" You said with a smile.

Ezio huffed and wagged his tail as a response, probably translating to a yes.

And so, the two of you walked towards the creepy forest. Well if a serial killer jumpscared you out of nowhere, Ezio would be there for you. And you would be there for him too. You had your pointy keys to defend yourself with, even though the keys were a bit dull, you still thought you could stab people with it. Plus you knew martial arts! Well, you're not that good either, you just know how to block punches and how to kick people in their sides.

While walking with Ezio on your left, you took a few sticks from the ground and threw them into next year. The rustling leaves around you made you calm, the little footsteps of your dog would make you feel accompanied and the cold breeze of the wind would keep your [h/c] hair out of your face. The perfect walk as I would say.

After walking 20 minutes or so, there was something off. There was this weird smell, you couldn't excactly put your finger on it.. Ah ha! Fire! I- wait what? Oh no there isn't a forest fire, is there? You gripped your leash tighter and began to sweat. No, of course not you idiot! It's literally 50 degrees outside. No, maybe someone could've lit this forest on fire! Wait, why would anyone do that? Besides we can't see any light right now, could we?

Yeah, yeah we could. Ezio barked in the distance making your head turn to that direction. There indeed was a fire, but it wasn't as big as you expected it to be. Maybe it was just a campfire? You let out a huff and loosened your grip on Ezio's leash.

Ezio suddenly began to bark even more, pulling on your leash, trying to run towards the light. He never did this before, he'd usually look up to you and sniff your hand for approval. Then you'd let him walk free for a bit.

"Whoa slow down there Ezzy, please my legs are starting to hurt- Whoa!" You breathed out, not wanting to fall head first on the ground.

Ezio was basically dragging you right now.