• N I N E •

« La Dalia Roja »

Clemintine tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. She sat on top of a lunch table outside, reading. She always needed quiet when she read. This would have to do for now.

"So," Kurtz jumped onto the table beside Clemintine. She gently put her book down, after marking her place. She turned to look at the boy, a brow raised. "we're initiating you tonight." Kurtz bit his lip.

"Really?" Clemintine beamed.

"Yeah." Kurtz smiled. He wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her into his side. "You'll officially be the Gargoyle Princess soon." He grasped Clemintine's chin gently, steadying her face and kissed her. He pulled back slightly, keeping his face close to hers. "I hope that was okay."

Clemintine nodded. "Yeah." She leaned into him, reconnecting their lips. She wasn't sure if she liked Kurtz, not like he liked her, but she knew that she needed to be loved. If Kurtz was the only one to give her what she craved, so be it. Even if it hurt her to do it.

Kurtz pulled away, smiling as if he had just won the lottery. In his mind, he had. "I'll see you after school, princess."

Once Kurtz turned away, Clemintine frowned. She liked Kurtz. Just not as much as he liked her. She didn't want to lead him on. She wasn't her mother.

The linger she sat, the more she thought. She needed to move on. Had to move on. She like Kurtz. Maybe, someday, she'd like him in the same way.

Not being able to focus on her book anymore, Clemintine picked up her things, then proceeded to walk back towards the school. Upon reaching her locker, Clemintine checked the time. She made the decision to skip her next class, seeing that it was taught by her Uncle, plus the school didn't really seem to care anyway.

Clemintine arrived at Leopold & Loeb, where she would soon see Archie. She was reluctantly let in; the guard knowing she should be at school.

"Clemmie?" Archie rushed towards her, holding her close. Almost as if she would disappear upon letting go.

"It's great seeing you." Clemintine giggled.

The two sat down and began catching up. They didn't want to leave anything out.

"So, your Uncle works at Riverdale High, now?" Archie questioned. "Did he take your moms job?"

Clemintine nodded. "Julian will be 18 by the end of the year, but Jackson said he'll probably stick around until I graduate."

"What did he do before he moved here?"

"He was a professor for a while. He took a year off. At least, that's what my dad always said."

It was like a switch was flipped. Archie's face fell. Her parents were both dead. She was practically an orphan. She watched her mother be murdered. Hell, her Uncle killed both her parents and her friends. "How are you holding up?"

Clemintine dropped her gaze. She began to play with her nails. "Is it bad that I forget about them sometimes?" She suddenly looked up, slightly worried. "Not them, but what happened to them. Almost as if my mind has made up some story that they're on a trip to Paris, or something."

Archie reached forward, grasping Clemintine's hand, in a comforting manner. "I understand." He slowly pulled back. "And Julian?"

Clemintine shook her head, her hair swaying. "He thinks he has to hold it together. He thinks that he has to be strong. He was the favorite. He loved my mom so much." A tear slipped from Clemintine's eye. "I just wish he would talk to me. Grieve."

"Give him time, Clem."

The friends eventually parted ways. Archie going back to his cold, lonely cell, and Clemintine went off on a drive.

☀️

The sharp ring from Clemintine's phone stopped the girl from writing in her journal. "Hello?" She answered. "What?" She became enraged. "Be right there." She grit her teeth.

Clemintine stormed into the Serpent's camp, Jughead, Cheryl, and Toni just arriving as well.

"What's going on here fellas?" Jughead questioned Fangs and Sweet Pea.

Clemintine took a less friendly approach, by ripping her throwing knives from Fangs, and Cheryl's bow from Sweet Pea. "Touch my shit again, and both your dicks are gone. You two idiots could've killed someone." She growled.

"Calm down, Sunny." Fangs told her, acting as if it was no big deal.

"Shut it." She turned, handing her cousin back the bow, before walking off. She had some important business tonight.

"What crawled up her ass?" Sweet Pea scoffed.

Cheryl rolled her eyes at the boy. "It probably has something to do with that grease monkey she's been hanging around."

"Who?" Jughead and Sweet Pea spoke in unison. They then looked at each other strangely, wondering why the other cared.

Cheryl crossed her arms over her chest. "Contrary to popular belief, I don't know who everyone at our school is."

Toni shrugged. "They seem pretty chummy." She now wanted to push some buttons.

Cheryl rose a brow, catching onto her girlfriends' tone. "Do you think they're dating?" She smirked upon turning to Toni.

Fangs took a mental note that Sweet Pea's jaw clenched. It had been happening a lot lately. The girls were getting to him.

"Possibly." Toni nodded, not being able to hold back her smile any longer. "I'll ask tomorrow."

"Good idea, TT." Cheryl smiled as well.

They left the group with many questions.

☀️

Clemintine sat with Kurtz in his bedroom, inside his small, shared apartment. He took the girls hand gently, lacing his fingers with hers. "How does it feel, Gargoyle Princess?" He kissed her cheek.

Clemintine smiled. "It feels amazing."

Kurtz bit his bottom lip. He gazed at the beautiful girl beside him. How did he ever get so lucky? "I've been meaning to ask you something."

"Yeah?" She looked up at him with her ocean like eyes.

"I know we've only known each other for a few months, but I guess it's now or never." He took a deep breath. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

Clemintine smiled sweetly. He was right. It was now or never. "I would be honored."

Kurtz smiled. "You have no idea how happy that makes me." He lent forward, kissing the girl deeply.

The kiss intensified as Clemintine removed her jacket, proceeding to tug on Kurtz jacket. He took it off, then reluctantly pulled away. "Are you sure, princess?"

Clemintine nodded. "Yes." She whispered.

"You sure?" She nodded once more in response. She was. It wasn't a frustration filled hook up like last time, she truly just wanted to let loose, and who better to do it with, then with her new boyfriend? "Okay." Kurtz pulled off his shirt. "Tell me if you need to stop, okay?"

Clemintine nodded, too distracted to talk by his body. She was pleasantly surprised at how muscular he was. His abs weren't defined or anything, but he hid his arms well. The former blonde proceeded to take off her own shirt. And Kurtz too, was pleasantly surprised.

chapter word count: 1169