Dinner at the Diner

Danielle's POV

I meet Bella in her school parking lot and she drives us to the diner. Where Charlie meets us for dinner. Our food is served and I begin to eat my small bowl of chips. Cora comes over and smiles at us. "Can't get over how grown up you are. And so gorgeous" she says smiling at Bella.

"I'm prettier right?" I ask giving her puppy dog eyes.

"Oh you're beautiful" she assures me smiling. Just then Waylon walks over. He smiles at Bella.

"Remember me, honey? I was Santa one year" he tells her.

"Waylon, she hasn't had a Christmas here since she was four" Charlie tells him.

"Bet I made an impression, though" Waylon states.

"You always do" Charlie states. "Any luck with the missing blood bags?" he asks.

"None, but no more have gone missing" Waylon tells him.

"Well that's good at least" he states.

"Let the girls eat their food, Waylon" Cora tells him. She then turns to Bella with a smile. "When you're done, I'll bring your favorite - berry cobbler. Remember? Your dad still has it. Every Thursday, now so does little Danni" she states.

"That'd be great, thank you" Bella tells her. Cora and Waylon leave us. Charlie and Bella both reach for the salt, knock hands. Charlie goes for the ketchup instead and we eat in silence. "So you both eat here every night?" she asks Charlie.

"Easier then doing dishes, besides everyone loves seeing Danni" Charlie states.

"I can cook" Bella states. "I do the cooking at home - in Phoenix. Mom's not great in the kitchen" she explains.

"I remember" Charlie says and they both chuckle. "How was school? Meet anyone?" he asks us.

"I made a friend called Ginny" I tell them.

"A few people... Do you know the Cullen family?" Bella asks him. Charlie looks up sharply.

"Are people talking about them again?" he asks her.

"No... well, a little" Bella answers.

"Someone called Alice weird" I say pouting.

"Just 'cause they're newcomers. We're lucky to have a surgeon like Dr. Cullen at our Podunk hospital. Lucky his wife wanted to live in a small town. Lucky his kids aren't like a lot of the hell-raisers around here" he tells us.

"Okay" Bella says.

"I just don't like narrow mindedness, especially since Alice and Jasper helped Danni. When she got lost in the forest" Charlie tells her.

"Dad, can I go to the Cullens house?" I ask him.

"I don't know sweety" he says and I pout. "I'll call Dr Cullen, see if you can go for awhile" he states. He pulls out his phone and calls someone.

"Bella who were the other two boys from lunch?" I ask her.

"Eric was the one who sat beside me and Tyler was the other" she states. "So you've meet Alice and Jasper before?" she asks me.

"I was exploring the woods while dad was at work, I got lost after finding a pretty meadow. They found me and took me back to dad" I tell her.

"Carlisle said I can drop you off, and he'll bring you home in an hour" Charlie tells me. I cheer clapping. We finish eating I get into Charlie's car and he drives us to the Cullens.

"It's so pretty" I say in awe when we reach the house.

"Behave and do as Esme tells you" he tells me. I nod my head and get out of the car. A pretty woman comes out of the house.

"Charlie, Carlisle said you'd be dropping off your daughter. He neglected to say she was a beautiful princess" she says smiling at me. I giggle.

"Thank you Esme, tell Carlisle I appreciate this. Danni has been dying to see Alice and Jasper again" he tells her. "See you later Danni" he says and I wave smiling. He leaves and Esme leads me inside. Alice appears smiling.

"Danni, Esme said you were coming" she states. "Do you want to have a tea party?" she asks.

"Can we watch Princess Diaries?" I ask hopeful.

"Sure, come on" she says grabbing my hand. We go to the living room and I sit down. She sets up the movie and Rosalie appears with popcorn.

"What's movie night without popcorn?" she asks us.

"Not a movie night" I say smiling and she hands me the bowl. She and Alice sit either side of me as the movie starts. I pretend to fall asleep when Mia cancelled her wedding to Andrew.

"She asleep?" I hear a man ask.

"Yes, we should get her home" Alice states.

"Do we have to?" Rosalie asks.

"Yes" Esme tells her.

"I'll take her" the man states and I feel myself being picked up. "She feels cold, I'll put the heater on for her" he states. I feel him vamp run to his car and place me in a sit buckling me up. I hear him start the car and begin to drive. I soon feel the car stop and he picks me up again.

"Hey Carlisle, thanks for bringing her home" Charlie says to the person holding me.

"It was a pleasure having her over, if you ever need someone to look after her. My family's door is always open" Carlisle tells him. He then hands me over to Charlie. "Good night" he says and leaves. Charlie takes me to my room and tucks me in.

"Sweet dream Danni" he says before leaving. Once I hear him asleep I get up and go sit on the room. I start to draw a real life looking meerkat.

A/N

Picture above of Cora and Waylon. Picture on the external link of the Cullens house.