Baseball Turned Hide and Seek

Danielle's POV

Danielle's POV

"You ready?" Bella asks me. Today we are going to play baseball with the Cullens. Well I'm gonna play, Bella is going to watch. Alice and Rosalie got me a new outfit for the game.

"Yes, have you told Charlie yet?" I ask her.

"I'm about too" she tells me. She goes downstairs while I finish plaiting my hair. I go downstairs and let Edward in. I lead him to the living room to see Charlie had been cleaning his gun.

"Chief Swan. I wanted to formally introduce myself. I'm Edward Cullen" Edward tells him. They shake hands. "I won't keep Bella and Dani out late tonight. We're just going to go play baseball with my family" he explains.

"Yeah, I watched a game with Jasper and it like so much fun!" I squeal as I jump up and down. Acting super excited. I am excited, this will be the first time I've played baseball.

"Bella and Dani are going to play baseball?" Charlie asks surprised.

"Yes sir, that's the plan" Edward tells him. "Don't worry, we'll keep a close eye on Dani and Bella" he assures him.

"Well. More power to you, I guess" Charlie tells him.

"They'll be safe with me, sir, I promise" Edward says looking into his eyes.

"Lets go Eddie!" I cheer and pull him outside. I calm down and walk to the car normally. I climb into the jeep and buckle myself in. Bella sits in the front and Edward buckles her in. He then hops into the drivers seat and takes off.

"Your father thinks you both should go to an all-girl's school" Edward tells us and I giggle.

"No fair reading Charlie's mind" Bella tells him with a smile. "You are a good actress" she tells me.

"I have a lot of practice" I tell her shrugging. "But I am excited, I've never played baseball before" I tell her. As we arrive at the location and hop out. Edward hands us each a baseball cap.

"Since when do vampires like baseball?" Bella asks Edward.

"It's the American pastime. Plus, there's a thunderstorm coming. It's the only time we can play. You both will see why" he tells us. Storm glads gather in the sky above us as we walk over to his family. Who had set up a rough baseball diamond and were warming up.

Esme and Emmet come over to greet us. I give Esme a hug before she greets Bella. "Good thing you're here. We need a umpire" she tells her.

"She thinks we cheat" Emmet tells me with a cheeky smile. I giggle. Cheating is fun in games as long as you don't get caught.

"I know you cheat" Esme tells him. "Call 'em as you see 'em, Bella" she tells her. "Dani you can join in whenever you want too" she tells me smiling. Everyone gets into position, Alice being the pitcher. The first clap of thunder is heard.

"It's time" Alice says smiling as Rosalie raises her bat. Edward and Emmett take positions in the outfield. Jasper and Carlisle waiting for their turn to bat. While Esme plays catcher. Alice throws the ball which Rosalie smashes with the aluminum bat. It cracks like thunder and is followed directly by real thunder. I clap smiling.

"Me next!" I cheer and Jasper hands me the bat as Rosalie races to first base.

"Now I see why you need the thunder" Bella says to Esme. "Be careful Dani" she tells me concerned. I roll my eyes.

"Don't hold back" I tell Alice. Rosalie is out as Esme catches the ball before she reaches home base. I raise the bat as Esme throws Alice the ball. I nod to her and she throws the ball. I hit it and race to second base. I get there safely as Edward and Emmet smashed into each other as they tried to catch the ball. Jasper steps up and bats. I make it to home base. "Can I try the outfield?" I ask Esme.

"Of course sweetie" she tells me with a smile. I run to the outfield as Carlisle steps up to bat.

"This one is yours Dani" Edward tells me and I nod my head. Carlisle hits the ball and it head into the forest. I race after it.

"Stop!" I hear Alice shout and stop dead in my tracks. I listen closely and hear three sets of footsteps heading our way. I jump into a tree and hide. I watch three vampires walk under me one of them holding our ball. I follow them staying hidden in the trees out of sight. I reach the out skirts of the field and Jasper catches me eye. He signals me to stay hidden.

"I believe this belongs to you" the dark skinned vampire says. He tosses the ball to Carlisle. Who catches it.

"Thank you" Carlisle says. "I'm Carlisle this is my family" he tells them.

"I'm Laurent, this is James and Victoria" the dark skinned vampire says. "Could you use three more players?" he asks Carlisle. Who looks at the others unsure. "Come on, just one game" Laurent tells him smiling.

"Sure" Carlisle agrees. "A few of us were leaving anyway" he tells them. Edward starts to lead Bella to the jeep. When the wind blows her scent towards the human blood drinking vampires. I grip the tree tightly.

"You brought a snack" James says and the Cullens stand in front of Bella protectively. Hissing at them all of them ready for a fight. But Laurent cools things down and they leave. Edward gets Bella into the jeep and they take off. I come out of the tree.

"What should I do?" I ask Alice.

"Meet Bella and Edward half way, pretend to be asleep. Don't worry about those vampires, we'll handle them" she tells me. I nod my head and take off. I meet up with Bella and Edward before they leave the forest. I hope in the back and pretend to sleep.

A/N

Picture above of the Cullens vs James' Coven and in chapter of Dani with the Cullens & Bella.