1

The wedding was like nothing I had ever seen before. Only the best for Pansy and Theo. There was no yellow or lavender like her first wedding or awkward silence when she refused to kiss her new husband. There was joy and love in the air, something that had become rare since the day we took our marks. There was what seemed to be a glow of hope surrounding everyone.

"Happy Birthday," a voice whispered behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. I turned to face Draco. He had aged in the few years since high school. His hair was longer and fell in eyes as he gave up his slicked-back appearance. He gained some muscle and some height. The war had been raging on for the last 5 years. You could see in his eyes that he was tired, oh so tired. I was sure if I looked at myself in the same critical light I too was a mess and shell of my former beauty. Thin, chopped red hair at my shoulders and a sad tint in my green eyes.

"It's Theo and Pansy's day." I scolded. It wasn't exactly their choice to have their wedding today. It just fell like that; it was the only time that everyone would be able to attend said wedding. The Dark Lord wanted this to be an extravagant event to wow his supporters into seeing what life will be like after the war. A life dripping in money, diamonds, and luxury.

"That doesn't mean I can't give you a gift does it?" Draco smirked placing a white package in my hands. There was some weight to it, and I had no doubt in my mind it was expensive. It always made me feel strange when he gave me something luxurious. He insisted it was his way of showing his love. I didn't fare so well with that type of affection.

"Open it," he prodded not taking no for an answer.

I pulled at the bow letting it unravel. I had a feeling I knew what was in the flat box. I was turning 21. When witches turn 17, they become adults but when they are 21, they are expected to be settling down soon and bringing forth children. It is a sign of good luck to give witches jewel on their 21st birthday. Something about attracting a husband and therefore more witches and wizards to repopulate.

I pulled off the lid to reveal a set of diamond and emerald encrusted necklace, earrings and a matching bracelet. They were beautiful and clearly a signature Malfoy inheritance. It made me feel even more guilty knowing that they were not a large chunk of money but an heirloom to one of the most powerful families in the wizarding world.

"You shouldn't have," I said with a sigh looking up to the youngest and only Malfoy.

"They are actually the Black family heirloom. My mother...well the only Black that is deemed acceptable had no daughters but believes you fill that role splendidly."

Even worse they are from an ancient line of Pureblood witches. The Blacks were even more important than the Malfoys. I hated everything the Black's stood for, but I loved their prodigy and there was no way around it. Draco Malfoy had stolen my heart and every ounce of clarity with it.

Draco brushed my hair from my neck taking the necklace out of the box and fastening it to my neck. The large emerald fell to my collarbone. It matched the ballroom gown I was wearing that was also a gift from my boyfriend. I took the liberty of adding the earrings and bracelet to my outfit. No one knows that I was not supposed to be here. That I was a traitor and a Potter. That I was the thing that would one day bring Voldemort to his knees. I gulped back the thoughts trying to push them into the furthest corners of my brain. There were a lot of talented wizards around and I didn't need them fishing through my thoughts. They would never, knowing that I am their boss in a sense, but you never know. There were a lot of people that were willing to do anything to get closer to the Dark Lord.

"You look beautiful," Draco stood back twirling me around so that he could see my whole look. I looked expensive.

"You look quite handsome yourself," I said with a smile. He looked more than handsome he was drop-dead gorgeous. Custom suits from top designers and his own rings and watch. Even his cufflinks had a diamond M encrusted in them.