6

"I want to see him," I said unsure of myself. Why I wanted to see Harry Potter was beyond me. What I would do once I saw him, I was not sure. I felt a rush of emotion, anger, sadness, betrayal, and above all relief. I was terrified when I found out that Potter was dead. It meant that this war fell on my shoulders completely at that point. I wasn't ready for such a responsibility. I was perfectly content with my little spot in hell.

"I don't know if that is a good idea," Draco answered hesitantly.

"Please," I said with a sigh. I had to talk to him now that I knew he was alive. I wanted to know what the plan was. I understood Draco risked his neck to make this possible and by going to the Golden Trio I was risking it all. I just didn't care. I needed to see my long-lost brother.

"The pen." He said simply. I looked at him tentatively for a moment. The last time I grabbed that wicked pen I ended up in a place I didn't want to remember.

"The pen?" I echoed.

"It will take you to wherever they are. That is how I have been able to be in contact with them." He said casually. Every fiber of my being wanted to be angry with him that he had kept this secret from me. I wanted to scream and yell at him that he wasn't being fair. I wanted to fight. I also knew that wouldn't change what happened. I just happen to have a few of my own secrets of mine floating over my head. Who was I to tell him off for having some too?

A quick thought played in my head, the pen. If there was ever any danger I was to go to the pen, and it would take me to where I needed to be. Draco had always planned that if something was to happen to him that I would go to my brother. The thought disturbed me, and I wasn't sure why. I was just now asking to go see him but the thought of something happening for that to happen. It was just a horrid thought.

"I suggest going quickly. I'm sure they have been waiting for this." He continued to eat his dinner as though this was a normal night and we were not having the conversation we were having.

Without another word, I made my way up to our room. I looked at the floorboard for a second debating if this was a good idea. What would I even do when I get there? What if they want to fight me? I may not exactly be welcomed with open arms. That was all true, but I had to risk it. I needed to see with my own eyes that he was fine. I don't think I particularly care on a family level but a way more selfish one. I didn't want to be completely and utterly alone in defeating the Dark Lord. I don't think I could do it. I hated to think like that, but it was true. I may be clever and good at plans, but I was not brave. That wasn't what my house was known for.

I said a small prayer, if you could even call it that, before touching the pen that would take me to an unknown location. The twist of the portkey pulled at my insides making me feel small and nauseous. It was worse than using a wand.

I tumbled onto some grass a few feet from what could only be described as a patchwork home. There were stilts holding parts of it up. It looked like a simple cottage home that had floors added to it as the years went on. The only thing that was allowing this thing to stay up was the seer willpower of magic at this point.

A figure ran out of the house wand at the ready. My appearance must have set off any wards they had around this place. If Potter was around there was no way this place wasn't protected.

"Who are you?!" A short red-haired man called. He looked older but I knew had had to be a Weasley. With his freckles and secondhand home, there was no mistaking it. His children also had his face which didn't help them much.

"Ivy Snape," I answered keeping up the appearance with my new name. Very few people used it as I always preferred Evens but I needed to show my loyalty to them. I'm sure they heard rumours of my supposed father being one of their spies.