Chapter One: Coming Home

It was a fine,bright morning in Maple Bay. The ocean glistened peacefully in the early morning sunshine,before any dashing sailor dared to explore the great beyond.

Ironically it was also the day Y/n decided to finally cut off his connections to his old life and all the toxic people he once surrounded himself with. Following the delivery truck to his soon to be home,he couldn't help but gaze here and there around at the neighborhood; the tidy, trimmed lawns flourishing. His lips curled up into a small,gentle smile. At onetime in his life he wouldn't look so strangely interested in a merely trimmed lawn, however since his nasty breakup with his boyfriend,Dean; a lot changed.

He started learning to appreciate the little things, even if it wasn't his per see.

The memories of their past relationship drifted into his mind, rather frustrated he let out a sharp exhale turning on the radio to avert his attention.

It wasn't long until he pulled up into his drive way, the truck drivers getting out to start moving the furniture from the trailer.

He didn't particularly want to help move anything in due to the blazing sun, however he figured he might as well be of some use and help them out.

Three lounges, one bed and upteen boxes of stuff later-

It was finally lunch time and it was time for him to unpack all his stuff and start decorating the place a little; go big or go home as they say!

He had to admit he never imagined he'd get such a simple but nice place;garage,bedroom,kitchen,bathroom,toilet and lounge room.

But that wasn't the best part, he even had his own personal study, or studio . . . he didn't know which phrase he preferred!

Sitting on his lounge he scanned around the lounge room with an exhausted sigh,"Seriously,why can't you unpack yourselves . . . like in Disney or something?" he huffed with a pout before he got up to start accessorizing the kitchen.

It was a bittersweet feeling, sure he had to unpack all these darn boxes and he hadn't had a decent coffee in the last 24 hours but at least he wasn't back there.

Needless to say he was going to try and make some new friends and branch out; as his dear grandmother had put it.

He was rummaging through a box when he found a family photo album,what was the harm of reminiscing for a little while?

Opening it up he gazed over the familiar photos with great fondness,until he saw them.

He couldn't avert his gaze as he started thinking back to his home town, he didn't have the best childhood; particularly to the neighborhood bullies and his nuclear family.

A clear knock at his front door abruptly interrupted his problematic thoughts as he rushed up from the comfort of his lounge to answer the door.

Opening the door he was greeted by a rather handsome blonde man with mesmerizing blue eyes,his pink shirt a definite aesthetic contrast.

"Hello there neighbor, I'm Joseph Christiansen; I just wanted to welcome you into our little commune here,how are you liking it thus far?" he smiled rather enthusiastically, his hands clutched together.

"I-it's a pleasure to meet you,well it's definitely rather peaceful . . . I'm Y/n by the way"Y/n responded rather flustered and taken off guard by the sudden introduction, he scratched the back of his head sheepishly. A small chuckle escaped Joseph's lips,"It certainly is,if you're ever free on Friday's we hold Bible readings at 9am if you're interested .. . I suppose I should let you unpack until then " he smiled,his eyes scanning past Y/n into their rather messy lounge room.

"Of course,thanks for coming Joseph" Y/n smiled,"Anytime,take care neighbor"Joseph mumbled before walking back over to his property. Closing the door gently,Y/n let out a soft sigh; 'He seemed rather welcoming and friendly' he noted,as he returned onto his rightful seat on the lounge.

-

That night he finally finished unpacking and had a shower before getting into his freshly made bed.It didn't take him very long to drift off into a peaceful slumber . ..

Y/n ? What do you mean, it's a joke right . . .?

I'm not straight Mum,Dad. . .

I always knew you were a total faggot,hah!

Shut up!!

Now you listen here young man, don't get cocky and start packing-!

W-What . . . . ?

You heard me . . . w-we,don't have a place here for a homosexual son . . .

. . .

Y/n?

Shut up . . .

Y/n?

Shut up . . .!

Y/n?

Shut up . . . !!

Y/n?

. . . Shut up already!!

His eyes shot open as he jolted awake,sweat dripping from his forehead; the bed sheets sticking to his body in a suffocating manner.

His breathing was fast as he couldn't shake the feeling of impending doom and fear on his heart,his lips shook softly before he buried his face in his hands.

He started trying to regain his composure with deep breathing,he slowly pulled his hands from his face as he gazed at how the moonlight graced and touched everything in the room through the blinds.

He turned to his clock. 3:16AM

Letting out a weary sigh he laid himself back down wrapping an arm around his stomach to comfort himself. His eyes slowly dipping back into unconsciousness. That was the past and this is the present.

This was his new home.