Chapter Nine: No one else

Walking up to the front door he let out a soft sigh in an attempt to calm his nerves.

This was it,the moment of truth.

Knocking on the door with scattered nerves he quickly fixed his hair as the door swiftly swung open,as if simply waiting for his presence.

"Y/n, it's so wonderful to see you again!" he was greeted with shining purple contacts.

"You took the words right out of my mouth" he grinned as he presented the bouquet of snapdragons to him.

His expression instantly lighting up with bright eyes, a pleasantly surprised smile befalling his lips.

"Thank you,they're beautiful; please come in,make yourself comfortable" he mumbled with a sense of wonder.

Stepping aside to let him in,Damien took an extra moment to smell and inspect the variety of colors; what a beautiful combination they made.

Following Y/n into the lounge room,Damien eagerly placed the bouquet into a vase on the mantle piece.

"Would you like some tea or coffee,Y/n?" he questioned,turning to glance over his shoulder; with a brief dismissal of his head Y/n spoke up.

"I don't plan on staying long . . . " he mumbled,his chest feeling heavy and hot with anticipation.

"So what was it that you wanted to discuss so earnestly? I got the sense that it was of an unpleasant nature but you seem to be well . . . or am I wrong?" Damien questioned,before taking a seat adjacent to him.

"Well . . . actually there's something that I've been wanting to tell you for a while now . . . " he mumbled averting his eyes from him for a brief moment before glancing back into his purple eyes.

"Just promise you won't panic . . . ?" he questioned as he laced his fingers together,Damien's facial features softened as he nodded.

"Well I . . . I've um . . . I'm in love with you,Damien" he blurted out his face erupting into a hot mess.

Taken back by the sudden confession Damien was completely speechless,his face a hot pink.

Averting his eyes to his feet Damien thought quietly to himself for a moment,noticing Y/n standing up he gently took a hold of his wrist.

"Y/n please . . . you don't have to leave . . . in fact I-I . . . I think I rather fancy you too" his voice descended into a soft whisper,the brim of his ears a soft red.

He gently nibbled at his bottom lip and he stood,"Please stay for just a little while longer I . . . I think we should talk".

Allowing himself to sit back down Y/n let out a soft breath,"Mmm that would probably be best right now . . .".

"I want this to work but I should discuss this with Lucien,I want you to be a serious part of this family and if you both can't reach an understanding then I don't think this will work . . . " Damien explained softly his hands resting on his lap.

"Mmm I understand,he is your son after all . . . you're blood" he smiled softly as he could hear the faint racket of some intense screamo music echoing from the upstairs hallway.

Turning to the sound of the distant sound,a small smile appeared on Damien's face too.

No one else could make my heart throb this hard, god I hope it all worked out.