Chapter Six: Smashing!

Typing away at your laptop you let out an irritated groan as your laptop saved your excel document as slowly as possible.

You had yet to have your caffeine dose and it was truly killing you on the inside.

Needless to say you were going to visit Matt at the Coffee Spoon once you knew all your book-keeping for this client was saved.

Getting off your couch to quickly prep yourself in socially acceptable clothes, you topped up Brandy's food bowl before you checked in on your laptop one last time.

'Document has been saved,Branden_March Bookkeeping.exel'.

Relieved to give yourself a well-deserved break you made your way to the door,"I'll be right back Brandy baby,don't ruin the house,kay?" you called out with a smile.

Brandy's smile greeting you off by the door as she rolled onto the ground rather cutely.

Awww gosh darn it-

Wanting to return to your beloved pooch as soon as possible,you started to walk a little faster than usual to the Coffee Spoon, your thermos in hand.

Walking in the door bell rang and Matt turned around behind the counter with a pleasantly surprised smile,"Hey there Y/n what can I get you today?".

"1 Mocha please Matt " I mumbled softly letting out a sigh as I handed over my thermos.

"Sure thing,you okay? You look a little out of it today" Matt questioned as he turned around to make the Mocha.

Glancing about the quiet store I leaned against the counter,"It's just one of those days y'know? I haven't got my dose of caffeine yet and my laptop is lagging so I'm sure you'll be the highlight of my day for sure" I weakly smiled over at him.

"It'd be my pleasure haha, that'll be $2.50 today" he chuckled sliding over my coffee in my thermos.

Feeling for my change I handed over $2.50 will a relieved smile before going to leave the store until-

BANG

The store door smashed straight into you,your coffee going all over your shirt as you landed back onto your ass.

Not even aware of what happened you held onto your head with a hiss,"Ow shit-".

Looking up you saw a very stunned and apologetic Hugo who was on his knees apologizing,"I-I'm so sorry Y/n please forgive me,I'll pay for another coffee and give you a clean shirt . . . !".

Helping you to your feet you let out a soft groan,rather surprised Matt walked out from behind the counter; "You guys okay? Whoa look at this mess . . . " Matt whispered, a little disappointed.

"I'm sorry, I'll be sure to clean it up; it was my fault, I was just in a rush . . . " Hugo responded in a rather flustered tone, his eyes averting from Matt and Y/n to the Mocha mess on the floor in front of them.

"I'll go get the mop and bucket" Matt stated as he went out the back to retrieve the mop and bucket.

Falling into silence you glanced over at Hugo before averting your eyes,"Y/n I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to make such a mess of things . . . once I clean this up I'll clean your shirt at my place if you'd like?" he suggested pushing up his sleeves.

"Okay,but let's make it quick; I'm freezing here" you smiled crossing your arms to conserve your body heat.

Once Matt had made sure Hugo had cleaned it all up Hugo paid for two coffees,an Espresso and Mocha before he escorted Y/n back to his house to clean up.

-

Walking into his rather messy house Y/n quickly took his soggy,stained shirt off; his lean body taking Hugo off guard as he quickly averted his hot eyes.

"Do you want to take a shower, while you wait? You're cold aren't you?" he offered.

"That sounds great, but are you sure?"

"After that little incident I'm sure you have every right to have a quick shower to warm up,please make yourself comfortable"

"Thanks Hugo"

Guiding him to the bathroom,he allowed Y/n to shower in peace, the image of his lean stomach and chest leaving an imprint on his mind.

He couldn't deny it he was an attractive man, but he had a job to do-!

With a soft pink dusting his cheeks he threw Y/n shirt into the washing machine for a quick wash before he sat down on the couch to enjoy his coffee.

After a quick 10 minute soak Y/n strode out from the bathroom shirtless before he sat down beside Hugo to enjoy his coffee,"Thanks for the shower Hugo,I feel so much more refreshed haha!" he grinned as he started sipping at his coffee.

"Not at all,your shirt should be ready soon so I'll throw it in the dryer so it's warm for you" he smiled nervously as he couldn't stop occasionally snatching sneaky glances of his body.

"Man it's been forever since I've had anything in a dryer" Y/n whispered to him self rather nostalgic.

He couldn't wait to feel that familiar comfortable warmth again~!

Just as Hugo started day-dreaming the washing machine started beeping wildly,snapping him out of his thoughts.

Jolting up to his feet he transferred the now clean shirt into the dryer,pacing back and forth for it to finish.

All the while Y/n enjoyed the softness and character of his lounge and the pleasant taste of his mocha, his eyes glancing over to the singular arm chairs adjacent to him.

He couldn't help picturing himself curled up on one of them with a hot beverage in hand by the fireplace.

What a warm thought-

10 minutes later Hugo came back with the clean and now warm shirt,"Here you are" he smiled passing it over.

Engulfing his face into the warm shirt he took in the fresh fragrance of the warmth and scent.

Slowly pulling his face away from the shirt he quickly put it on with a smile, "Thanks Hugo,I best be going now".

"O-oh of course, sorry to keep you" Hugo apologized as he guided him to the front door.

"Not at all, take care Hugo" he waved,waving him off Hugo let out a conflicted sigh.

He was amazing.