Chapter Three: Sizzling Hot

BEEP BEEP BEEP!

Slowly drawing myself out of my slumber I hit the snooze button rather dazed.

Rolling over onto my back I closed my eyes and stretched my legs as I started waking up,before I laid there staring blankly at the ceiling.

Didn't I-
Wasn't there something important today?

Scrunching my face up trying to remember I reached over to fetch my phone off the bedside vanity.

Looking into my calendar I finally remembered-

It was the cul-de-sac barbecue!

'Ah shit and Joseph said we had to bring something too . . . what the heck am I gonna bring that nobody else will?' I questioned to myself as I quietly brain-stormed to myself.

'Obviously steak and sausages are a no go-'

'Heck what if they're vegetarian or vegan? I should go safe and make them vegan so everyone's happy,yeah . . . but what?'.

Rather fed up I made a quick search for 'quick simple vegan recipes' to find a small archive of recipes; that's when one recipe in particular caught my eye.

Stuffed Eggplant with Fried Rice!

It actually looked manageable with what little supplies I have-

The question was, is anyone allergic to any of the ingredients?

Who knew,but I sure as hell didn't want to be the free-loader; even though I was obviously way too excited for a barbecue.

Finally flopping out of bed I waddled into the kitchen with just my boxers on at present, the cool air caressing my thighs.

It was really peaceful and calming.

I quickly got to work so I wouldn't be late nor plate-less.

With half an hour to spare I took a quick shower and sat down on my bed with my towel beneath me as I swiftly brushed my h/c hair.

Deciding to go trendy for the day I slowly put on my ripped jeans and a band shirt, throwing a thin jacket on over the top. Only spraying a tiny amount of my faintest cologne.

Just like that the time had come and I took my Eggplant Rice concoction with me to have a good time.

-

Walking up to Joseph's front door,he quickly opened up welcoming me with open arms.

"It's so good to see you! My my and it looks like you truly out did yourself,smells delicious" he smiled with a small wink.

"I do try" I smiled back walking inside out to the backyard where it seemed I was the last to arrive,oops!

How embarrassing-!

Wait hold on-

I gazed around at everyone scattered about the backyard,engaged in conversation and enjoying themselves.

Isn't that the guys from the supermarket?!

The baby guy and the rude cart guy?!

They're my neighbors . . . ?

Even that goth guy from before is here-

How am I supposed to focus and keep my cool with all these attractive men?!

Shyly placing my platter onto the table,I glanced from dish to dish.

Oh man that cheese and salami platter was looking delicious-