Saving You

(Something a little different.)

Wasn't it ironic? To turn to the one thing that had gotten you into trouble to begin with?

The room was dark, save for the flickering of the candles. The dead creature was laid in the center of the bloodied ritual circle, nearly decapitated in your efforts to kill it. One thing was left, and you nonetheless hesitated like you had the first time. The blood of a virgin was precious, he had told you this before. It could summon all sorts of things.

Troublesome things, like him.

And that was your problem. You needed to be rid of him. You needed to be rid of the original demon that had grown infatuated with you, and your only option was seemingly to summon another. Hopefully one powerful enough to stop him, before he took what he wanted.

Behind you, the television began to flicker on and off before turning to static. The sound was nonexistent, so you paid no mind to it, focused so heavily on the demonic ritual before you.

Knife in hand you sliced the back of your arm, allowing the blood to flow freely into the circle of sigils and symbols that you couldn't decipher. Just like before, the rabbit that you had given as an offering vanished into smoke, as had the bloody summoning circle. The candles all blew out at once in an imaginary, unseen puff of air.

There was laughter. Soft and high in its pitch, it echoed the otherwise empty room and through your head. This, this was definitely not him. He certainly did not giggle. The television was the only thing on, and it flickered to a solid green color before going back to the hazy static. This alerted you a little, as the TV was the general direction that the giggling had come from.

The green, a vivid neon shade, reappeared again and again before staying put. Thick black words appeared against the color, standing out boldly.

SO YOU SUMMONED ME

This was... strange, to say the least. A demon coming from your television set? At least your first had simply emerged from the darkness, but to each their own, you supposed. Frowning a touch, you nodded, already pressing a towel to your wound to staunch the bleeding. "I did." This no longer surprised you, not when you had dealt with a summoning once before. But you were still wary, knowing that this demon would be entirely different.

The thick black lettering faded, new ones appearing in it's place.

ARE YOU SCARED?

It was a good question. What if this demon caused you even more troubles than what you wanted it to do? But your entire purpose was to be rid of him, so you had to take your chances. "I'm terrified," you admitted softly to the screen, feeling just a touch ridiculous in doing so.

GOOD

Then there was a pause before new words formed.

WHAT DO YOU WANT?

Swallowing hard, you sighed and looked down and away from your TV, into the darkness. If he was there, you would not have been able to tell. You had just one chance. Turning back to the screen you replied slowly. "I already summoned one demon, but he's giving me problems. I want him gone."

Silence. The television remained green, otherwise blank. Then there was more laughter, louder this time.

Then, directly in your ear, a voice hissed to you: "WhaT maKEs yOu thiNK I Won'T cAuSe TrOUblE?~"