16. Feeling Salty

2:54pm
Tammi's House....

Jace stared at his daughter as his mom fixed her dress. Jace honestly didn't like when his mom put dresses on Jazz. She always dresses her up like she was a damn cabbage patch doll. Jazz lowkey didn't like it either cause she would always try to pull her dress off.

"Ma why can't you dress her in her clothes I packed for her?" Jace asked trying not to be rude knowing how Tammi could get.

Tammi looked at her son. Jazz was her grandchild. She didn't want Jazz dressing like a little boy.

"You dress Jasmine like some lil ass boy. She need to look like a girl." Tammi fussed to Jace. Jazz had a frown on her face. She liked it better when Jace dressed her.

Jazz looked at Jace and started pouting like she was about to cry. Jace shook his head. "Uh uhn Jazz. Don't start that crying."

Jazz wiped her eyes and looked down. She was ready to go.

"Now girl you wasn't doing allat crying when yo daddy wasn't here. Don't try to change up now." Tammi said looking at Jazz.

Jazz looked at Tammi and rolled her eyes. Tammi gasped as Jace silently laughed.

"This lil girl just did not roll her damn eyes at-" Tammi started to fuss ready to pop Jazz.

"Aight ma chill out. C'mere baby." Jace said motioning for Jazz.

Jasmine ran over to Jace and he picked her up sitting on the couch. She laid her head on his shoulder playing with Jace ear. She liked the way his ear felt. It was soft and smelt good.

She was a weird baby.

"You need to stop letting her hang around Kieth grown ass girls. She starting to act just like them." Tammi said.

Jace scrunched his face up. "Ma those her cousins, and she a baby. She don't know what she doing."

"Yeah right." Tammi said getting up to go to the kitchen but sat back down. "And Kita."

"Kianna. Ma you need to stop with that. She yo daughter."

"No daughter of mines ain't out here selling pussy." Tammi said forgetting Jasmine was there.

Jace covered Jazz ears. "Ma chill out bruh. You doing the most. Kianna ain't out here doin none of that. She at my house with Kieth and Leon. If you acted like you cared about her then you would know what she really got going on." Jace said uncovering Jasmine ears. Jazz frowned her face up. She didn't like when people do that to her.

"That lil hoe ain't doing nothing but looking fo attention with her fake depression ass." Tammi mumbled. She was tired of Kianna whining. She wasn't nothing but an attention seeker.

"Ight imma head out." Jace mumbled standing up fixing Jazz on his chest. She was lowkey sleepy. Jace was just warm to her.

"Nah. Did you know Kianna went to the hospital the other day to get ultrasound, and to run some mental health tests on her? Did you know Kianna had sex with an officer the other night too? The man said she was basically throwing herself at him. She's a whore. She don't deserve anything!" Tammi said. One of the workers that knew her from the hospital had told her. The officer was also someone she knew.

"Ma can you stop and listen to yourself? That's YOUR daughter! Yes i knew she went to the hospital. But did YOU know she was held at gunpoint in her car? Did you know she was scared out of life? Did you know was literally forced to suck ole dude? Did you know she shot his ass in self defense? Ma if you pay attention to your child and stop letting everyone fill yo lil ass head with stupid shit, you would see that she actually hurting. She need you. If you don't realize that after 18 years then you are going to regret it sooner or later." Jace said picking up Jasmine diaper bag and getting his keys.

He was tired of all this drama. That's why he really stayed home with Jasmine. Nobody could bother them. Jasmine wasn't loud or anything sometimes. She would really be in her own world with her toys.

"What about the officer? Did she tell you about that? That bitch ain't shit. After 18 years she couldn't make me happy. Not once! I wanted Four boys. No girls! And forced? Baby she probably wanted to on the low. And so what she was held at gunpoint? Folks be held at gunpoint and die everyday. What makes her so special Jace?" Tammi said. She was mad as hell.

"I can't believe this shit. I'm out. Have a nice day. Love you." Jace said leaving with a quickness.

Jasmine heard everything. She probably wouldn't remember but she heard. She definitely knew when people where fussing. She would start to get emotional. She had just kept her eyes close close because they were screaming at each other.

"Don't worry princess, imma always love yo big head ass." Jace said buckling her up safely. He kissed her forehead closing the door.

••••••

"What you mean ma told
you Kianna being hoe?" Kieth asked Jace.

"Nigga exactly what i said. She just said she out here freely." Jace said. He had to at least tell somebody. Kieth shook his head. He didn't believe a thing about that. He didn't think Kianna was out here jumping pogo dick on just anybody. She barely even left her house.

"Ion believe ma though if that what you think. I just don't think Kiki- i don't know bruh." Jace said. He sat down at the kitchen table with his head in his hands. He was really stressing.

"Man don't believe ma. We can ask Kianna ourselves." Kieth said looking at Jace. Jace groaned loudly.

Jace sat up straight getting a headache. "Nah don't do that. She gon get mad, and you can't ask no female straight up bout that type of shit."

"So? She ain't just no female. She our sister so we can." Kieth said. Jace just shook his head.

"She gonna feel some type of way Kieth. She gon think about ole boy that forced her to suck his dick, and what we saying. She gon think we calling her a hoe cause of that. You act you don't understand. I know how Kianna attitude is."

"Jace i understand but you not understanding me. We might as well just ask Kianna-" Kieth said but was cut off.

"We ain't asking Kianna shit right now." Jace mumbled getting fed up about Kieth.

"Ask me what?" Kianna asked standing at the kitchen entrance. Jace took a deep breath putting his head back down.

"Imma go check on my child." Jace said getting up. He needed to be around the one female that wouldn't judge him or get mad at him.

"Ask me what?" Kianna repeated.

"Don't worry bout it. It's just some dumb shit." Kieth mumbled getting ready to leave.

"Where Lee at?" Kieth asked scratching his head.

"He in the room sleep. He said he going home later."

"Ight. Love you Ki." Kieth said hugging Kianna. She hugged him back.

She frowned. "Why you hugging me like that?"

"like what?"

"Like i'm nasty or some. I took a shower. I stink?" Kianna ask smelling herself.

"Nah my bad. You don't stink."

Kianna looked Kieth up and down. "Mmhm. Love you too." she said feeling salty. She hated when people give her sad hugs. She wanted a hug filled with love.

She didn't know what it was but she could tell Kieth was thinking differently of her.