59. New Addition

Kieth

"I'm gonna kill yo' black ass

"I'm gonna kill yo' black ass." Kali gritted through her teeth squeezing my hand tightly.

My hand hurt like a bitch, but I wasn't about to complain with a death threat from my wife.

"I know baby." I just told her dabbing her sweaty forehead with a towel the nurse gave me.

"Just a few more pushes Mrs.Johnson." the doctor smiled up at Kali.

"I can't." Kali said out of breath shaking her head.

"Come on Bae. I know you can." I said holding her hand with both of mines.

"Ok." she looked at me. She took a deep breath.

"1..2..3..push." the doctor instructed her.

Kali squeeze my hand tight as she pushed again. She didn't make any noise, but her face showed everything.

"One more time." the doctor said. She squeezed my hand again giving another push.

The sound of crying filled the room. I watched the doctors look at us smiling. The doctor smiled handing the baby to Kali.

"He's a boy." Kali smiled looking at me laughing.

I smiled kissing her, and my son.

The doctors let Kali have a few seconds with him, and took him to clean him up. We sat in silence for a few minutes. I sat on the edge of the bed looking at Kali.

"Got any names?" Kali asked laughing a little.

I looked at the ceiling trying to think. Since we wanted to wait until the baby was born to know the gender, I haven't been thinking about names with everything that was going on.

"Kyrie." I just said.

"Kyrie?" Kali asked. "Kyrie...Jabari?"

"Kyrie Jabari Johnson." I said putting the names together.

She smiled again nodding. Kali closed her eyes falling asleep.

I grabbed her tattooed hand kissing it. "I love you."

*

*

*

*

Kianna