44. Therapy

Kianna
Next Day...

"So, Ms.Johnson you say your having...past trouble?" the therapist, Dr.Paige asked.

I've been sitting here for the past two hours with this man talking about absolutely nothing.

I was ready to go home, take a shower, and watch Netflix, but I have to get myself together before I actually become crazy.

I guess I'll just have to put myself before any friendship, or relationship, or whatever it is with Trent. He's obviously into me.

Like who wouldn't be I'm a bad bitch.

I nodded at Dr.Paige. "Yes, personal issues from my past not even a year ago."

"Do you mind telling me what those issues are?" he asked flipping some pages and clicking his pen.

"Well...it started after Christmas. My ex and I was always arguing, and we said things we didn't mean sometimes. I definitely said some things to purposely get him upset just because I wasn't as mature then, as I am now." I said.

He nodded writing something down.

Probably nothing.

"What would the arguments be about?" he asked peeping at me through his glasses.

I looked down playing with my finger. Most of the arguments Dex and I got into started because I was always assuming

"Petty things." I sighed looking at him. "I would accuse him of cheating because he use to come home late, but he was trying to rap or whatever."

He could've been like anybody else and set the lil microphone up in the closet. I could've be the manger, or however that shit goes.

He looked at me to continue. "I also come from a broken home. No dad, no other family except my brothers. I didn't have any friends because my younger self just couldn't get along with kids my age. It's like we think completely different." I said.

I was so happy when Jace and I graduated.

I walked into my first year with no friends, and walked out my last year with no friends.

Friends aren't everything, but I guess they're good to have.

Kali was good to me.

Lex was coming around slowly but I wasn't about to rush a damn thing with her.

"Dex and I met through my brothers. They was always up to something, and when they found out Dex was being all friendly with me...they didn't like it but they let me be happy." I said low key missing the way things use to be when I was 16, and 17.

18 wasn't treating me too good.

"Fast forward around January when things started to get out of hand...the day he put his hands on me, it wasn't the first time, but he punched me so hard my mouth was hurting for almost two weeks." I said.

I looked at the therapist watching me liked he actually cared about what came out my mouth.

"Dex always been strange, but it was one day he came home acting more aggressive. Had his head filled with lies of me doing things behind his back."

Flashback...

Scrolling through Instagram I heard the door open. I smiled jumping off the couch ready to tell Dex I had good news. Dex marched his way in the living room with a very calm look.