Melty

It was one of my rare days off from training. I was with the rest of my "family" holding a newborn Melty in my arms. Today Mirella had just given birth to our little sister today. Malty and I had just turned 10 about three months ago, which would make us around 20 when the heroes are summoned.

          I was currently at level 50 and had gotten a class upgrade. It was very impressive according to the people I'd asked, though to me, this was absolutely pathetic. Even Naofumi, who had to make due with only getting shared experience managed to get to level 39 in less than 3 months. Filo in particular managed to reach her maximum level of 40 in less than 2. Though to be fair, there were probably many factors going into this.

          For one, the four holy weapons were inherently more powerful than the vassal weapons, meaning they probably have a greater experience boost as well. Secondly, the four heroes all gained a massive amount of experience when fighting the waves so they had a lot going for them. On the other hand, since I was still technically a child in this world and a part of the royal family, I had to put up with the mandatory training and studying that was expected of me, which made going out not as common as I would have liked. Even when I could go out to grind levels, I wasn't able to go to far out to do so, leaving me stuck with trash mobs to fight. Add to that the fact that I had decided to focus on the upgrade systems as well to get the most out of my weapon, and it seemed like a miracle that I even made it this far.

          Watching someone in a show was one thing, but actually seeing the being born, and holding her in my arms, I felt a connection that I haven't really felt that much in my past life. At that moment, I decided. 'I'll protect you, and everyone else.'