Seven Star Hero

As the guards and I walked back to the Palace, I stared down at one of the gauntlets on my right arm. When we went back to the magic shop, I checked my magical affinity again. Before we did, however, the was a bright glow, and when it subsided, we found that I now had a pair of gauntlets attached to my arms. Apparently, this was one of the seven star weapons. They search the world for people who are worthy of their power and appear before them. Since the gauntlets chose me, I was now one of the Seven Star Heroes, or the hero of the gauntlets. (A/N Yes, this is a real thing Anime onlys. There are eight Vassal Heroes that are to fight alongside the four main Heroes.)

          As for my magic attributes, I still had access to every type of magic, but my Fire and Healing magic had increased exponentially. The shop owner and the guards attributed it to me becoming the Gauntlet Hero and making my magic stronger. Taking a look at my stats, my magic had increased greatly, but my defense had also risen, it wasn't at the level of, say, Naofumi, but it was still pretty high for my level.

          When we got back to the palace, my family was understandably shocked. "This is amazing, Matthew." Queen Mirella said.

          "I'm so proud of you!" Aultcray said while hugging me. Say what you will about him, but you have to admit he cares about his family. All of my memories of the nine years I spent in this world can attest to that. "To think my son would be chosen as one of the seven star Heroes. Just like his old man!" He seemed to be crying tears of joy.

          "When Malty told us how you fell from that ledge, we were so worried that you'd died." Mother chimed in.

          I beg your pardon what?

          I looked to my"sister" and saw her looking away nervous. The Bitch actually had the nerve to claim it was an accident. We're nine freaking years old and even now she's evil. Well, you know the old saying, "kill em with kindness."

          "Yeah, we were having an argument and I stepped on a loose part of the cliff while I was distracted. If it weren't for that strange magic power saving me, I'd be dead." I said.

          I wasn't directly implicating her, but I did push part of the blame on our argument so she wouldn't be free from the consequences. There's also the fact that my story is in enough detail that it might contradict her story. The fact that I even brought up the 'how' should set of alarm bells in Mirella's head.

          "Anyway, father, could you teach me how to use these." I said, referring to my gauntlets.

          "Of course, Matthew." Aultcray agreed. You'll soon be a full fledged hero, just like me.

          After being showed how the weapons systems worked, I went off outside to kill some monsters to gain experience and get stronger. Looking at my stats, I was about level 10 when I first reincarnated. By the end of my first day of training, my level had grown to about level 20, mostly because I wasn't allowed to go too deep into the forest.

          I had also unlocked a few balloon gauntlets (A/N: which I am too lazy to come up with bonuses for.) and some other gauntlets from monsters with actual flesh. But the biggest boon I got from this was my knowledge of the four heroes strengthening methods. Naofumi's weapon bonus, Itsuki's weapon rarity and job class systems, Ren's weapon mastery and energy transfer, and Motoyasu's weapon enhancement system.

          In addition, I also had a unique upgrade system of my own, strait out of Xenoblade Chronicles. The skill tree system allowed me to gain different passive effects depending on how far I travel along the different branches of the chart. This progression occurs whenever I defeat an enemy, and the effects could range from stat bonuses, to special effects like mp regeneration. I can also make each of these skills stronger by spending energy points from my weapon.

          Add to that the boosted experience points I got from being a vassal hero, and I was having a really good day grinding. By the time the other heroes were summoned. I'll have taken a lead that they'll never be able to bridge.

          As long as I can make sure the curse series remains nonexistent.