Chapter 29 - Blonde

Chapter 29

~~~ Wow quick thanks for 1K reads, let's celebrate with this chapter~~~

__________________

Later that day, Dahyun and I sat out on the apartment terrace catching up with each other. Ten stories below, the waves softly collided against pointed rocks. We were both draped across Adirondack chairs and sipping at mugs brimming with coffee. I had missed scent of roasted coffee beans wafting through the air. The smell was certainly helping me to relax a little bit.

"So, I saw Yunho and Mingi go into your room last night..." She raised an eyebrow at me and giggled. That was my best friend for you. Completely unable to be subtle with her implications, as hard as she tried.

"We just slept; I swear!" I narrowed my eyes teasingly. "Where did you end up sleeping?"

She suddenly got shy, "Well your room was busy, so I asked Jongho to sleep in his room."

"YOU WHAT!?" I almost spilt my coffee all over the terrace.

If he so much as laid a hand on her, ima beat his ass...

"Y/N it's fine, really." Her tone was trying to calm me down. "You weren't here for a while, and I got to know him while I was planning your prison break."

"Dahyun, he's literally the meanest one of all of them..."

"He has some issues with his anger for sure, but he has his reasons. And he's getting a lot better. Just give him a chance before you judge him." She pleaded.

I had definitely already judged him, but if Dahyun liked him for some reason, there was no stopping her. "I'm keeping an eye on him" I wagged my finger at her. "And you as well!"

She just laughed at my attempt to be overprotective.

Soon after, Yunho emerged from behind the sliding glass doors, chipper as ever.

"Dahyun, I'm going to have to steal her away for a while." He smiled widely.

She wiggled her eyebrows. "Oh, and why is that?"

"Sorry, it's a secret."

He wrapped his hand around mine, intertwining his large fingers in between my comparatively tiny ones. I followed him to the washroom, where a couple small boxes were lined up on the counter.

"Okay Y/N, which one do you like best?" He motioned towards the boxes, so I went in to take a closer look. They were hair dye kits. Permanent ones.

"Why am I picking hair colours?" I checked out what colours there were. Blonde, red and pink.

"You're going to dye your hair. Cut it to." He said so matter-of-fact.

"What?! I am not!" No, way. My long shiny dark brown hair hadn't changed much throughout my whole life. I wasn't going to ruin it now.

"Look, it's Hongjoong's orders. The police know exactly what you look like. If you ever want to go outside again, you need to change your appearance. We're all going to do it, just in case they have images of us too."

"No. No way. I don't want to." My bratty side came out a bit. I huffed and crossed my arms across my chest.

Frustrated, Yunho's attitude slowly changed. He came up close to me, taking both my wrists firmly in his grasp. "Just pick a colour, or else."

I shuddered under his switched demeanour. I didn't care that much about the hair dye. What had become more interesting to me was the man standing in front of me. I looked up at him defiantly, "Or else what?"