Chapter 7 - Unlucky

Sometimes people like to call themselves unlucky, but I don't believe in luck. Bad luck is sometimes just a way to excuse your poor choices. Everyone has good and bad things that happen to them. The ones called "lucky" are usually the ones who face the bad events and choose to react to those events in the best possible way. In my case, I wasn't unlucky. I was just stupid.

Yunho's POV

I'm not sure how long we had been working on the safe for, but it was long enough for the always level-headed Seonghwa to get pissed off at me. He knew a lot about opening locks and safes from previous operations he had been a part off. It also helped that he was a genius, and had graduated university two years early with a math degree. He knew what he was doing when it came to this safe. Unfortunately, opening a large safe like this one was a two-man job, and for some reason Hongjoong had told me to help Seonghwa to get it open.

At first, he had been nice and understanding, but after dozens of attempts, Seonghwa's kind tone turned to annoyance, and then to anger.

"What did I tell you before? I have to spin the dial, just tell me when you hear the click, ok? It's easy."

"Ok, ok I'll do it right this time." I stuck my ear to the safe.

Seonghwa started to slowly spin the dial once again. I held my breath and listened for the click.

Come on Yunho, don't mess this up.

But as the dial spun, I heard nothing. Nothing. More nothing. And by the time the dial had turned all the way around, nothing. I slowly faced a very frustrated Seonghwa.

"Seriously? Are you deaf? You didn't hear anything?"

"Uhm, maybe it clicked at the very end?" I guessed.

"Maybe?!"

"Look, I know you think it's supposed to click, but I really don't think it does."

"Goddamn it, I need Hongjoong's help with this. He has I better ear then you." Seonghwa sighed while standing up and pointing down the hallway. "Go back and get him, will you?"

"Fine."

I really don't think the safe made a clicking noise though...

I walked down the hallway to go get Hongjoong, mentally kicking myself for not being able to do my job. The boys are going to laugh at me. I sighed, dragging my feet.

I looked up to see Hongjoong, Jongho, Mingi and San standing in the hallway next to the storage room entrance.

San caught his eyes from down the hall. "Yunho, man, is the safe open finally?"

"No, um, Seonghwa wanted your help Hongjoong." I kicked the tiled floor.

"Ha Yunho, you couldn't help open the safe, huh?" Jongho laughed.

Hongjoong spoke up, "I know I should have just done it myself in the first place. I'll go help Seonghwa. Yunho, you can guard the storage room with San to make sure our little trouble maker doesn't escape. Maybe you can do that right?"

"I'll guard it well boss!" I smiled at him in assurance. "But, who's the little trouble maker?"

"Doesn't matter, just guard it." Hongjoong seemed exasperated. Taking care of a bunch of grown ass children was hard. "I'll be back soon."

I wonder who's in there. Mingi and Jongho both look flustered. Maybe they had a fight? Ah, whatever, I need to do a good job, I can't get distracted. Isn't it cold in there though?

The other robbers went back to guard the hostages and me and San were left. We sat in front of the door with all the determination in the world, like guards in front of the King's castle. Not soon afterwards, San fell fast asleep. I mean, it is almost 3am and we had already been up all night, so you can't really blame him. With no one left to keep me accountable, my mind started to wander.

Are we really going to get out of here with the money? Was this all worth it? Do San and Wooyoung have a secret relationship they aren't telling anyone about?  ;) 

So many questions floated through my mind.

Who was in the storage room? No, Yunho, focus! Well, maybe just a quick look wouldn't hurt.

Whatever it was that made me momentarily stupid, either boredom or unquenchable curiosity, I decided to have a quick look inside. I looked both ways down the hallway. 

Good, no one's there.

 And then, pushing the door open carefully, I stuck my head inside.

_