07

07| I Hate...

I texted the groupchat with my brothers the address, and Caledon told me he'd pick me up because he was going to say hi to Kaden.

It was around dinner time that everyone started leaving and Caledon came and said hi to Kaden, sharing a few words before looking at me to get to the car.

I looked at Cody, giving him a fist-bump, "See ya tomorrow." I said. He gave me a side-hug but jumped away when I heard a grunt.

Caledon was glaring at him, which I thought was weird, but I let it go and sat in the car.

A few minutes later he came out and got into the driver's seat, turning around and heading towards our house.

"Did you have fun?" He asked me. I nodded my head, "Yeah, thank you for being lenient and stuff." I said quietly.

"You don't have to be formal, Aurora." He said with a small chuckle.

"Can I call you Cale then?" I asked. I don't know why, but I've always given everyone I know nicknames because it's just easier that way.

"Yeah, Vince told me that you call him Enzo. Interesting choice." He murmured.

We pulled up at the house and got out. He looked at me and gave me a small smile, "Yeah you can call me Cale. I like it." He said before walking into the house.

I followed in after him, heading to my room to shower before dinner.

+++

"How was your first day of school Aurora?" Enzo asked while taking a sip of his wine.

I looked up and smiled, "Really good actually. I made a lot of new friends and all my teachers are cool." I said.

He nodded his head seeming pleased. "I heard you're friends with Kaden's little brother and his group, well your group, I should say now." He said.

I nodded my head, "Yeah but I met a bunch of juniors in some of my grade 11 classes that are really chill too." I said.

Donatello raised a brow, but said nothing.

"Yeah well it seems like you caught a lot of people's attention when you told that girl off this morning. Word spread like wildfire." Turi said.

Ugh. I really didn't want to be known for that.

"She was getting all nosy and shit for no reason. I didn't want to let her walk all over me." I mumbled before taking a bite of my salad.

"Did you just swear?"

"Do I need to wash your mouth out with soap?"

"I don't need to hear you saying all those things."

Donatello, Cale, and Enzo all said at once.

Marcus just 'tsked' and Turi was smirking at me.

I raised a brow, "What's the big deal? I'm turning fifteen in two weeks." I said.

Mom didn't care if I swore, she just didn't want me to use slang. Everyone around me swore, even my teachers did too.

Only person who told me to cut that shit out was Bugsy.