22

22| Just a Dream

Beep. Beep. Beep.

What is that noise?

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Seriously, what the fuck is that?

I slowly opened my eyes and swore under my breath because of the bright fucking lights that were clouding my vision.

I covered my eyes with my hand, but I felt a little tug on the top of my skin.

I flipped my hand over to see a needle and a tube connected right on my forearm.

What the hell is this?

"It's an IV tube," I heard a voice say from beside me.

My eyes shot to the unfamiliar man sitting in the chair beside me. I couldn't see him clearly, but he didn't sound like my brothers and he didn't look like them either.

"Who the fuck are you?" I snapped coldly.

The man chuckled, "My name is Leo," The man smiled at me.

"Okay, Leo, where the hell am I?" I asked while looking around the daft room.

Oh no. I am where I think I am?

I started to feel uneasy and I could feel the panic that I associated with this place start to creep into my mind.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

The noise from the stupid machine started getting faster and louder.

"Aurora, look at me," Leo grabbed my shoulders and forced me to look at him.

"H-How do you know my name?" I asked, getting more freaked out.

Leo ignored my question and grabbed this little remote that was attached to the side of this bed. It had a red button on it and he pressed it before turning his attention back to me.

"Aurora, deep breaths. Count to ten with me," Leo began counting and I tried to focus on what he was saying.

"3 Mississippi, 4 Mississippi," I said shakily.

"Good, good, keep doing that for me," Leo said with a kind smile.

Suddenly, a lady in scrubs appeared by my side with a needle.

"No! What are you doing?!" I cried but Leo grabbed my chin and made me look at him.

"Aurora, I need you to be strong and count to ten for me, 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi," Leo began and I closed my eyes and inhaled sharply through my nose.

I felt a prick in my arm, but I just kept counting.

"6 Mississippi, 7 Mississippi," I started getting sleepy.

"That's it, keep going," Leo grabbed my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"8...Mississippi...9...Miss...iss...ippi," I trailed off, falling back into the darkness.

Maybe, just maybe, this was all just a fucking dream.

+++

Only, it wasn't.

I woke up again with that Leo guy still sitting in the chair beside me, but beside him was a familiar face.

"Turi?" I asked sleepily as I tried to sit up.

Immediately he was at my side, helping me up and fluffing my pillows, making sure that I was okay before smiling at me.

"How are you feeling, Ro?" Turi asked me with a gentle voice.