09

09| Fun

I was thinking about what they said, Donatello, Marcus and Turi, as I sat at the kitchen island doing an English assignment on Act I of A Midsummer Night's Dream.

It was Thursday and this assignment was due on Monday.

It was a funny play, but nevertheless a boring one because anything in English class is considered boring. The class itself is boring and stupid and I hate it because it's so annoying and I hate MLA and I hate having to be pretentious and write about people who don't exist who have to do with ideas that aren't relevant.

But I digress, maybe there is something useful here.

Back to my original thought, they said I never smile at home. Or that I laugh. Interesting that this is something they picked up on considering I never leave my room.

But I guess every time they see me I have a miserable look on my face.

I heard some bustling coming from the back door so I got up to see who it was.

It was Noni. She's an old Italian women who worked as the housekeeper around here. Though we didn't have like fifty maids, there was a lot of people around here that I didn't notice.

She was carrying way to many groceries so I helped her out. "Ciao Noni!" I said brightly before bringing the bags to the pantry.

"Ciao mia bella! Grazie." She sighed out in relief before dropping her load of the bags and then cracking her back.

I met Noni over the weekend and she is just lovely company. We've got inside jokes too.

I mean in the short time-span that I've known her I already feel really close to her. She's like the grandmother I never knew I needed.

Mom didn't keep in contact with her family so it was always just us. Always.

So being around so many people was nice.

Noni gives me hugs too. It meant a lot to me. I mean I wanted a hug from each brother too but that was too much to ask for.

I love Noni's hugs anyways.

"How about we listen to some Stevie Wonder?" I asked her, dragging her into the kitchen where my phone was to play the music.

I texted Ayan about how I can listen to music and she introduced me to the world of Spotify. I'm okay with the thirty second ads because I can listen to music way longer.

I'm starting to get the hang of all this wifi and bluetooth connection stuff. Like I knew of it before but actually using it took a lot of patience.

I opened the app up and started playing Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing by Stevie Wonder.

I remember mom used to like this song. Bugsy did too, because he was always humming it while playing chess against me.

*PLAY THE SONG HERE*

I grabbed Noni's hands and started twirling her around, just feeling the music. She was laughing because I started jumping around and singing the words.

Noni said that I could sing, but I begged to differ. I was just having fun.

Which is why I thought it was weird when my brothers said that I never laughed here. I was having fun right here.

"DON'T YOU WORRY 'BOUT A THING! NA NA NA!" We basically screamed together, not realizing that we had an audience.

"C'mon Noni, that all you got?" I egged her on, giving her a little twirl and a two-step.

"Oh mia bella, I'm too old for this!" She laughed as I spun her around.

I shook my head, "Age is just a number Noni. The way you were dancing girl, you still got it!" I got her a glass of water and let her sit down, but I was still grooving to the music.

"Amore you're too much!" She laughed. I shook my head, "Noni you're not fooling anyone. We both know you love me and my craziness!" I said, turning around to grab my phone.

Then I froze and got really embarrassed because all five of my brothers were standing there with smirks on their faces.

"Oh mio dio! Ragazzi you should have told us you were there!" Noni exclaimed as she turned around to see them too.

"We didn't want to interrupt your fun." Donatello said. They all took their seats at the Island, but I just stood there blushing like there was no tomorrow.

"Mia bella, I'll catch you later." Noni said, winking and then leaving me in the presence of my brothers.

"It's nice to see you having fun with Noni, Aurora." Enzo said, smiling lightly at me.

I tried not to hold my past over my head but after being a certain way for so long it was really hard to change myself.

I nodded my head and went to go clean up my books and papers. "Noni's a blast." I smiled at him before picking up my things and walking towards the hall to my room.

"Aurora, can we talk to you?" Cale asked me. I shrugged and turned back around, waiting for them to speak.

"Every Friday in our home some of our...friends come over. Last week was put off because you arrived that day, but we can't put it off this week." Marcus said, looking at me seriously.

I raised a brow, "These are some pushy friends." I said and they all laughed.

"Either way, we request that you come out to meet them before spending the night in your room. Some of them actually go to our school, but they haven't been there almost all week so you couldn't have met them at lunch." Donatello said.

I nodded my head slowly. Meet their friends? I didn't like the ones that I've met so far, so I don't want to meet more.

I sighed and nodded, "Alright. Until tomorrow then."  I walked off but Turi came and gently grabbed my shoulder.

The action was sudden enough to shock me though, and I ripped myself away from his grasp.

He was confused by the reaction but I laughed it off nervously, "I bumped into the lockers today and I hurt my shoulder. No big deal." He looked even more concerned now but let it go when he noticed that he kind of spooked me.

"You've got a nice voice, Ro." Turi said.

Ro? That was an interesting nickname.

I blushed at his compliment, suddenly feeling really well.

I smiled brightly at him. "Catch ya later!" I said while turning around and shuffling to my room.

I basically pranced to my room. Not only were my brothers moderately kind towards me, but they were starting to warm up around me.

I mean they're forcing me to meet their friends.

Whatever. Today was a good day.

Despite this bumass english assignment.

Ugh. English sucks.