"We aren't dating, we just met!"

Freed's POV

I walked Laxus to Olive Garden, a restaurant a bit down the street.

I was actually wanting to get to know him a lot. I though he was really cute and gorgeous, and he seemed to have a nice personality.

He knew how to handle that Natsu kid, and that's pretty respectable. Why was he so rude the first time we met?

We walked into Olive Garden, and we were greeted by a waitress in a standard waitress outfit.

"Hello, follow me to your seats!" The woman said.

"So, first date?" She smiled as she walked us to the booth.

I blushed a lot and looked over at Laxus through the corner of my eye. He was slightly blushing, but nowhere near as much as me.

"N-no! N-no, it's n-not a date! W-w-we just met!" I stuttered and blushed.

The woman chuckled at us as we sat down. Laxus sat on the other side of me.

He chuckled at the lady's obvious mistake, but I wasn't chuckling at all. I was hella flustered.

I looked down at the menu to hide my blush. "Hey Freed, I'll pay for this if you want," Laxus smiled at me.

"U-uh t-that won't be necessary!" I waved my hands in front of me.

"No, really, I'll pay. I insist," he said. Now he was actually acting like this was a date..

"Okay..." I said as I looked down. 

We looked at the menus that the waitress gave us. I decided to get a Fettuccine Alfredo and some salad. I didn't want to make Laxus pay to much. We were poor college students, you know the drill. 

The waitress gave us our food after about 12 minutes of waiting, and we started to eat. We started talking about where we were coming from to get to know each other better. 

"Well, I don't really remember a lot about my past, I just went to school like a normal kid, graduated, and now I'm here. My past was a blur. I never knew who my parents were and I had to take care of myself," I said, a feeling of nervousness forming in my stomach as I said the last part. 

"Oh, that's kinda sad, I never knew who my mom was, and my dad was a huge asshat. I was taken care of by my grandfather, but as a teenager I stopped caring and I hated everyone, like a normal teenager. I was also always emo as a teen," Laxus said, looking down in embarrassment. He was really awkward, I get it. I would be to if I was meeting someone for the first time and they told me to tell me about their past. 

We sat in silence for a few minutes, until I broke the silence.

"H-hey Laxus, if you don't m-mind me asking, what did your dad do?" I asked, looking him straight in the eyes. 

"U-um... h-he hurt a bunch of my family, a-and he planted a lightning lacrima inside of me wh-when i was a teen.." Laxus stuttered. "He did m-more, but I don't w-wanna talk about it..." he finished. 

I frowned, a concerned look forming on my face. "I-it's okay Freed, y-you don't have to worry..." Laxus said with a reassuring face. The concerned look on my face never faded. 

We finished eating our food and paid the bill for it. We walked out of the restaurant at 4 PM. Before heading back to the dorms, we checked In and Out to see how long Natsu would be there. I didn't like him any more than Laxus did, but we had to follow the rules. I hate breaking rules....

Natsu saw us check the window to see if we could see him and squinted. I pulled a small notepad out of my pockets and began to write, "be home by midnight fucker."

Natsu pulled a  notepad out of his pocket and wrote something back. Laxus and I waited for him to reveal the note. 

When he finally held the note up, it said, "fine." 

Laxus and I walked back to the dorms and sat on the sofa. This time we both sat in the middle. 

"Hey Freed, it was really nice meeting you," Laxus looked away from me. "O-oh, it was nice m-meeting you to Laxus," I smiled at him. "Hey, do-um.... do you want my number?" I asked awkwardly. God, did I just ask the person I immediately got a crush on as soon as we met if he wanted my number?

"Yea, sure. I'll give you mine as well," He smiled back at me. I blushed slightly, but I looked down to my pockets and grabbed my phone to hide it. 

Laxus and I traded phones and exchanged our numbers. 

Laxus chuckled as he me my phone. I smiled as I gave him his phone back. 

 -8 hours later- 

Natsu came to the dorms after about 8 hours. Laxus and I were talking on the sofa. We hadn't gone to bed yet, we didn't trust Natsu enough to walk in here without us knowing. 

Mrs. Sendai was walking down the hall towards our dorm when Natsu sat down on the corner of the sofa. She checked our dorm after 4 minutes of walking. "Hello, I see your all here! That's a check from me!" She smiled widely.

"I don't like her very much," Natsu snarled. 

"For once I agree with you," Laxus glared back at him. 

I just sighed, my eyes were slowly blinking from me being tired. "Welp, Ima head to bed," Laxus stood up and started walking. "Yea, I am to. But remember you two are sharing the bed," Natsu said the last part very loudly so we would hear. 

"Yea, we know, brat," Laxus said. I stood up and walked to the bed with Laxus. Laxus was already in bed. I tried to not think much of this, Natsu was just a brat who wanted his own bed, there's nothing special that Laxus feels about me... right? 

We both blushed as I crawled into bed. 

I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship.. with this... gorgeous man.