This Guy's Cool (Why did the other one bring a cat again?)

Laxus' POV

Freed fell asleep quickly, but I was kept up by Natsu's roaring snores. Freed and I had to share a bed, as per Natsu's demanding request. It wasn't really a choice.

I really wanted Freed and I to become good friends. He seemed like a really cool guy. He seemed comfortable talking to me, and that's basically all I need in a friend.

My expectations for people were never really high. No one really liked me because of my annoying teenage-hood. I was an annoying, sort of antagonistic teenager. I was super rebellious. I was also an emo.

Freed started to snore, but it was a... cute snore. It was quiet, almost cat-like. His breathing pattern was also cat-like.

-at 7 Am-

I didn't get a wink of sleep last night. Natsu woke up and went somewhere to eat. That guy sure loves good food..

I woke up 7 minutes after him. Freed was still asleep. I felt a head rest on my shoulder. I blushed a bit. Freed's head was resting on my shoulder... I couldn't move. We moved into our dorms on Friday, today was Saturday. Mrs. Sendai said we had to make a good schedule of going to sleep and waking up.

We didn't have school today. We were starting on Monday.

Freed rested on my shoulder for 2 more hours. Now that you think about it, he looked really tired last night. I wonder what that was all about...

Freed woke up after 2 hours of waiting on my shoulder. He groaned. "Uugh.. oh sorry Laxus, was I bothering you? You could have gotten up.." Freed yawned.

"Oh no, I didn't want you to feel uncomfortable, so I let you stay on my shoulder," I smiled.

"Oh, that's kind of you," Freed said. Freed slowly got up from the bed. "I'm going grocery shopping, see you in an hour or so," Freed said, grabbing clothes and heading to the bathroom. "Wait, can I come with you to the store?" I asked.

"Oh, sure, if you want," Freed looked back at me. "Okay," I said. I wanted to go with him in case I wanted anything from there.

Freed came out of the bathroom, fully clothed in new clothing. He came out wearing a plaid t-shirt, jeans, a brown leather jacket, and gray shoes. He was really fashionable. At least to me.

I changed shortly after him. I don't know if he expected me to, but I did it nonetheless.

I went into the bathroom and put on a black tank-top, followed by black leggings and white shoes.

"Lookin good, partner," Freed smirked at me. I smirked as well. "Same goes for you," I said with a snarky tone. We've known each other for a day and we're already acting like good friends.

We walked down the infamous stairs and headed to the supermarket. We bought some apples, bananas, some vegetables, turkey, which Freed told me was his favorite food, ramen, water, beer, wine, and a bunch of food for Natsu so he didn't have to keep going out every night.

We checked out after an hour and a half of shopping. We bought more stuff besides the things I mentioned, but I'm to lazy to mention them. Just the usual things that a poor college student buys. We spent way more money than we should have at the store.

We walked back home and sat on the infamous sofa. Natsu was already there, his stomach bigger than it was the night before. Jesus this dude loves food...

Little did we know, there was something behind of him.

Natsu was asleep. Behind of him we heard something go "mew."

Freed and I looked curiously behind of him, and there was a cat. W-wait.. a cat? Pets weren't even allowed in the dorms!?

I poked Natsu's cheek a few times to wake him up. "Huh," he yawned.

I picked up the cat and held it in front of him. "What in the goddamn fuck is this?" I almost yelled. "Shut up, it's a cat. Obviously. You blind or somethin'?" Natsu said sarcastically.

"Wait but pets aren't allowed, why the fuck did you bring it here?" Freed said, his usual look of concern forming on his face.

"Well, who says I can't break the rules?" Natsu smirked. Freed got a look of anger in his eyes. He must have been serious about what he said, he really did hate people who broke the rules..

"Why the angry look, Freed?" Natsu said.
"I-um.." Freed looked away.

I held the cat in my arms and hid it in the closet as I heard footsteps skipping through the hallway. It was Mrs. Sendai again.

The one thing that Natsu and I agreed about was that Mrs. Sendai was annoying. She checked on us like every other 2 hours.

It wasn't very pleasant. Mrs. Sendai was super annoying. Her expression was almost.. to happy, if you know what I mean. She kind of acted like she had a crush on all of the students... creepy.

"Wellll hello my students!" She jumped. "I see your all here! Except for Mr. Dreyar," Mrs. Sendai said. Oh shit, I forgot that they didn't know my last name yet. Eh, who cares. I like my last name. I think it's cool. Just like my first name. 

"O-Oh, Laxus went t-to bed.." Freed stuttered with an expression that was attempting to be normal. His expression must have looked normal to Mrs. Sendai, because she ran off as soon as Freed said those words. 

"Oh thank god she didn't find out," Natsu said loudly. I looked at him angrily. "Will you shut up? Or at least stay quiet about it? If you keep on talking so fucking loudly Mrs. Sendai will hear you and try to investigate," I said, half-whispering. "Shut your mouth and I will," Natsu angrily said back.

"Okay break it up," Freed said, grabbing me and dragging me back to the bedroom. Natsu stayed in the main room and turned on the TV as background noise. 

Freed and I sat in the bed and began to talk. "Wow, it's been a day and you two hate each other," Freed smirked over at me. "Well yea, he's annoying," I smirk back. "Yea that makes a lot of sense," Freed says looking away. 

A bing came from Freed's phone. "Oh wow someone likes me enough to message me," Freed joked and I chuckled. 

He checked his phone and texted back. "Sorry, that was my friend Bixlow," Freed let out an apologetic smile. "It's perfectly fine. Did he enroll here or somewhere else?" I asked curiously. "Somewhere else," Freed said. 

"Oh," I said awkwardly. Freed smiled over at me. "Hey, you know you don't have to act awkward around me, right? I'm fine with whatever you tell me," Freed said, attempting to comfort my awkwardness. 

"O-okay.." I looked away from Freed. We sat there in silence for around 15 minutes, listening to the sounds of our breathing. 

 Freed broke the silence eventually. "Do you.. have any friends that.. you miss?" he asked me, pausing in between a few times. 

"No, not really. No one really liked me because I was an asshole. I made a few friends when I was a kid, but I don't remember any of their faces, not to mention their names," I said, nostalgia kicking through my brain. 

"Oh, that's sad. You aren't an ass now... at least not to me.." Freed said quietly. 

"Hey Freed, you're really cool," I smiled. "Oh, you're cool as well," Freed smiled back. "Hehe," We both chuckled. 

Fraxus || University AU {ON HIATUS, NOT DISCONTINUED}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara