Popcorn

Laxus's POV
I'm so happy that Freed and I have almost every class together. We even get a break in 4th period.

I love him, it's been 2 days but I really do love him. He's so adorable and nice... we just really hit it off when we first talked to each other.

I've never gotten a crush on someone so quickly. I didn't really have many other friends before this. Maybe it's because I was an asshole before. I've changed a bit. Still an asshole though.

"Hey," Freed said, snapping me out of my daze. "Yea?" I replied. "I like being friends with you," Freed said. A slight blush formed on my face.

"... I like being friends with you to," I smiled. We both gently smiled at each other for a hot minute.

"Want some ramen?" Freed broke the silence. "That would be nice," I said. Freed got up to go make some ramen. Ramen was extremely cheap, so we had a lot of it. Poor college students. Freed went to boil some water, meanwhile I turned on the TV.

A few minutes went by, and Freed walked back to the sofa with some ramen and some popcorn. "Y-you didn't have to make popcorn," I blushed and looked at him fondly.

Third Person POV
Laxus blushed. "Y-you didn't have to make popcorn," the blonde said. "Well, I wanted to do something more for you," Freed blushed back.

"T-thank you," Laxus said. "No problem," Freed smiled widely. "Aw," Laxus said, almost inaudible. Freed thought he heard it, but he decided it was nothing. He was just hearing things...

"Wanna watch a movie? I brought a few with me," Laxus asked awkwardly. He was so worried about making a bad impression or seeming to awkward for any social interaction.

"Yea sure, what all did you bring?" Freed asked. Laxus showed him a few movies, and they decided on The Dark Night. It's a really good movie, and Freed had never seen it before.

In the first 20 minutes or so into the movie, they both finished their ramen. The two reached their hands into the popcorn, their hands touching as they reached for the same piece.

Freed blushed as his head flicked up towards Laxus, Laxus doing the same. Laxus chuckled and smiled. Freed didn't take his hand off, however. "O-oh um.. s-sorry," Freed said after a few seconds. "No harm done," Laxus softly smiled. Freed slowly took his hand off of Laxus' and went for another piece of popcorn.

However, Laxus did the same, and they ended up on the same predicament as previously. Freed blushed hard and turned his head away. Laxus intertwined Freed's hand with his own. "U-um L-Laxus?" Freed said, stuttering. "Hm?" Laxus muttered softly. Laxus' soft tone made Freed more comfortable. "N-never mind," Freed smiled. They kept their hands like that for a while.

Freed broke away from Laxus' hand, but Laxus knew it wasn't aggressive, as Freed pulled away softly. Freed reached for a piece of popcorn, this time he actually got one. He ate the piece of popcorn, looking at Laxus softly. Laxus smiled at Freed, followed by Freed smiling back.

The two men eventually finished the movie, and Freed was obsessed with it. "Wooahhh Heath Ledger is so good at acting!" Freed said as his eyes sparkled. Laxus chuckled. "You're a fanboy aren't you?" Laxus said jokingly. "Maybe," Freed smirked back.

Natsu was awake by then. "If you gays are done, I'm gonna be gone for a few hours," Natsu said. Freed and Laxus blushed, he called them gays, implying that they were gay for each other. "Okay-? Why do we need to know?" Laxus asked. "Because Mrs. Sendai says that I'm not 'tRuSTwoRThy' with going out without someone knowing. Jesus she treats me like a child," Natsu said.

"Well you do kinda act like one," Laxus replied. Natsu scoffed at Laxus as he left the room. After Natsu left, Freed turned to Laxus.

"D-did he just call us gays? As in.. together gays?" Freed asked. "Yea, I mean we are both gay so it made sense," Laxus said. "W-well, what if he was implying that we're together?" Freed asked. "Is that really such a bad thing?" Laxus frowned. "N-no of course not! He just kinda said it in a homophobic way," Freed said. "Nah I'm pretty sure he's bisexual," Laxus said. "Oh really?" Freed replied.

————————————————————————

So hey, Author here. I know I haven't updated in a long while, but here's a short chapter! I thought it was kinda cute. Also the next chapter is gonna have a mild Natsu ship with another character, not sure who yet. But anyways, I hope you liked this chapter, bye~!