Rottencrop: grasshoppers

The sun was slowly setting...orange and purple colors stretched across the sky as Horror sat on a hill and watched. A moment ago he was chopping wood and setting them in a pile. He was taking a break, his hands cramped and he even had a few splinters. He sighed and slowly rubbed the palm of his hands.

"Working hard?", Asked farm. He sits by Horror who gave a small glare.

"Yeah...I got a few splinters...", He muttered as he showed the other his hand. Farm took a look at the others hand and carefully holds it. He gently takes one of the splinters before pulling it out. Horror yelped and pulled his hand away.

"The hell? That hurts!"

"That's the only way to pull them out...I need to pull out two more...", He sighed,"It will be quick." Horror hesitated but let's the other pull out the last two splinters. He whimpered but felt better once it was done.

"Better?"

"Yeah...thanks.", Horror looked up at the sky, now it was a dark blue to blackish color. He stands up and grabbed his axe,"We should head inside. It's going to get cold soon."

"You always go inside before the fun starts. Can't you stay for one moment?"

Horror huffed and looked back at him,"What fun? Your from the countryside. I'm from a snowing forest. Your definition of fun is different then my definition.", He crossed his arms,"What is it?"

Farm stood up and held the others hand,"Follow me.", He smiled and pulled the other down the hill. He leads him to a wide field,"Just wait a moment."

Horror huffed and shakes his head,"I hate waiting. Just tell me!"

"Maybe you should learn patience.", The other teased. Horror rolled his eyes and looked out into the field. He was about to leave if he didn't see anything interesting. The sun fully went down. Nothing was interesting out here.

"I'm leaving, this is stupid and you dragged me out here for nothing-", he turned and jumped, a firefly was buzzing around his head. Soon more slowly fly up out if the brush. Horror tilts his head and tried to catch some of the fireflies.

Farmer found this amusing,"The bug's end lights up and they hunt worms and snails. They're brutal actually...injecting some kind of syrup to freeze their food."

Horror nodded,"You watch this every night?"

"Sure do. I also like to do this.", He plucked a long piece of grass and kneeled down. A small hole was in the ground,"See this? They live here. I like to lure them out.", He slowly insets the grassblade and poked at whatever was inside.

"What does that do?"

"We'll... grasshoppers are playful little things. They'll run after stuff, this is how you lure them out.", He said as he pulled out the blade. However instead of a little grasshopper a huge spider came out. It waved it's legs up in anger with a small hiss.

Farmer and horror jumped and backed away quickly before dashing off. Farmer was squealing and shaking his head,"nonononoono!! I hate spiders!! Oh my God!"

Horror was laughing at the other,"Dear me, that was funny. I never seen you get so pale before. That was the fastest I've ever seen you run away."

"Hush!", Farmer stopped by his little farmhouse and sighed,"I was really hopping for a grasshopper. They are so cute and feel weird to pet..."

Horror placed his hand on the others shoulders,"How about me go inside? We should make dinner and sleep this off."

Farmer was still shaken up, nodding,"Yeah...yeah...I'll make some soup or something. Bring in the wood while your at it."

"Of course. I'll be in there in a moment."