Cherryberry: Picnic

It was a beautiful sunny day. Birds were happily tweeting. Butterflies softly flutter around. Inside a cozy little home, berry made a few sandwiches, a small salad, and made sure to make juice for two. He packed the food into a small basket. He stuffed a blanket into the basket as well. Today was going to be a nice sunny day. Might as well take advantage of it while it lasts.

He grabbed the basket and happily skips out the door. Berry's mood was high and happy. He smiled brightly as stars shined in his eyes. Nothing could ruin this day for him. Nothing whatsoever! Birds were singing Merrily and butterflies showed off their bright colors.

Berry skipped down the sidewalk to Red's home. He stepped up onto the porch and knocked. He waited a moment, not wanting to be rude and pound the door. After a moment of silence he tried again.

"Red! Red, I made some food! I thought maybe we can go on a picnic.", He rocked back and forth on his feet, still happy. He was getting slightly disappointed that red wasn't answering. He turned to walk away before he heard the door click open. Excitement rose again as he turned back around.

Red took a stepped outside, his jacket loosely around his hips, bouncing along with every step he took,"What is it, darlin'? You came to take me on a date?", He teased. A lazy smile went across his face as he watched the smaller one bounce.

"Yes, yes!! I made some sandwiches and juice! I thought today was perfect! Everything is so merry and happy!", Blue reached out, taking red's hand,"C'mon! I know a perfect spot under a tree that gives us a nice view.", He started to drag the other away.

"Whoa there! I just woke up no less then half an hour ago. At least slow down please...", He rubbed his eyes. Dark circles were under his blazing ruby eyes. Seems like he really didn't get much sleep.

"Oh! I'm sorry! I thought you have been asleep much longer."

"Nope! I stayed up late last night, now I'm really paying for it now...", He mindlessly followed blue. The smaller's bright color scheme clothing was all he could focus on. Blue had a nice bright blue bow on the back of his bandana and grey shirt. He had bright blue shorts as well as buckled boots. As he leads red down the street, he pointed out a few butterflies.

"Look! These orange ones are comming out this year. They look so beautiful!", Blue's eyes stare at the fluttering pattern the butterflies leave behind.

"Yeah, I see, Blue. They are indeed beautiful.", Berry continued down the streets until he turned. The two go towards the outside of town. Ahead of them was one large tree with branches that swayed softly. Fell smiled,"Your right...this is a pretty place. With flowers included.", Red, yellow, green and purple flowers were scattered around the tree. Some were large, others small. Some where solid color, others, they had many different mixes and shades of color.

"This is the perfect place for a picnic! I love how the butterflies come here and dance around!", He pulled out a blanket from the picnic basket and laid it down. He then sits down, getting out the food he had packed up. Red joined in, taking a sandwich.

"So what's the occasion, sweetheart? Just being nice?", Red asked as he munched onto the sandwich.

"Of course! Can't I do nice things and spoil you?", He asked. He kissed up fells cheek and giggled.

Bright pink blush was dusted across Red's face,"Oh stop...yer' makin' me blush."

"Good! Because that's what I'm trying to do.", He leaned against red with a giggle.

"What did I do to deserve a cutie like you?"

"Mweh? Well ...you made me feel so happy to have you as a friend...I wanted to step it up. You were always supportive of me. You were there for me."

"I will always be there and support you. You've always been there for me...I gotta return the favor."

Blueberry smiled, leaning over and pecking a quick kiss on the others cheek,"I love you. Your so sweet and kind..."

Red holds Blueberry's hand and smiled,"I love you too...there is nobody else in the world I would trade you for..."