When Night Falls

Wyatt groaned as he sauntered into the wolf den, plopping down on a nearby rock. He had let his temper get the better of him and had hurt Eliza's feelings as a result.

"What's with the long face, brother?" Willa asked, coming to sit beside him.

Wyatt sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I met Eliza on my way home. I was upset and I said some things I shouldn't have. I really hurt her feelings. I feel awful, but now I don't know what to do."

Willa sighed. "Stop being such a worry-wolf. Eliza's tough, I'm sure whatever you said couldn't have been that bad."

"I blew up in her face Willa!" Wyatt explained. "I told her she didn't know what it was like to have someone turn their back on you, when I knew that she did. Yet I said it anyway because I was angry. You didn't see the way she looked at me, I hurt her."

Willa cocked her head to the side, examining her brother's downcast expression. It wasn't like Wyatt to get so hung up on an argument, but looking in his eyes, she immediately understood.

"You care about what she thinks of you." Willa realized. "You like her."

Wyatt stared at the ground as he fiddled nervously with his moonstone. "So what if I do? She's not like the other girls. When we shared that dance at Prawn, I got to see the real Eliza. She may be a zombie, but she has the heart and pride of a wolf."

Willa turned and placed a hand on his shoulder, forcing him to look her in the eyes. "Do you remember what we used to do when we were younger and you got upset?"

"You used to take me to Full Moon Lake." He smiled. "We would sit up on that big rock, look at the stars, and just talk until I felt better."

Willa nodded, a small smile tugging at her lips. "Exactly, talk to her Wyatt. Apologize and show her that you regret what you did."

"Thanks Willa." Wyatt replied. "You always know what to do."

"You're welcome." She sighed. "Now go fix things with your girl so we don't have to have another mushy sibling talk."

Wyatt smirked, bumping his shoulder against hers. "You like our mushy sibling talks."

"Just go." Willa groaned, shoving him towards the exit.

Wyatt laughed. "I'm going, I'm going."

🐾 (Time Skip Curtesy of the Moonstone)

Night had fallen and Wyatt finally emerged from the edge of the forest near Zombie town. He had spent the last 3 hours pacing the forest trying to decide how to approach Eliza. Break into a school, sure; save the moonstone by rushing into a collapsing hole, easy; talk to Eliza, here comes the scaredy wolf.

It wasn't the thought of talking to her that scared him, it was the thought of being unforgiven or sent away before he could even try.

Stop being a worry-wolf! Everything is going to go great. Yeah, she's totally going to forgive you. Wyatt told himself as he took a deep breath and headed into Zombie Town.

The streets were quiet and deserted as he walked along. A few lights glowed in nearby windows, but other than that there was no sign of life.

Cautiously, Wyatt walked up to the front of Eliza's home. The lights were out except for a blue glow on the upper floor, a computer screen no doubt. The curtains shifted in the breeze and he realized it was open.

Without thinking twice, Wyatt scaled the front of the house, heading straight for the window which he was sure was Eliza's. Wyatt reached the window sill and pulled himself up, peering inside.