One More Stop

Wyatt's mind reeled as he replayed the events over and over again in his mind. He had just met his real parents and they had accepted him with open arms.

He could remember the days when he had asked mother why he didn't look like her or Willa. The days when he wondered who he really was. Now he had the answers he had been searching for. He was a Lykensen, a leader who stood by his pack no matter what. But he was also a Wells, full of determination and willing to fight for what he thought was right. He had two families who loved him, what could be better?

As Wyatt snapped out of his thoughts he realized he had wandered back into Zombie Town. Despite the fact that the curfew had been lifted, most Zombies still went inside early so the streets were empty and quiet.

Wyatt looked up at the house in front of him and saw the familiar blue glow in the window upstairs. It was then he realized he had stopped directly in front of Eliza's house.

The blue light in the window called to him like a moth to a flame and before he knew it, he was scaling the side of the house once again.

Once Wyatt reached the window he pulled himself inside. However, just as he straightened himself up something hit him square in the gut.

"Get out of my....Wyatt?" Eliza's voice called out.

Wyatt looked up and saw Eliza, her other boot gripped tightly in her hand as she stared at him with wide eyes.

"Hey Eliza." Wyatt chuckled lightly, trying to ignore the spot where he would most likely have a boot shaped bruise tomorrow.

Eliza dropped her boot and moved towards him. "What were you thinking?"

"I was thinking I'd drop by and say hi." Wyatt replied, rubbing his sore stomach. "But right now I'm wondering why I always get hurt when I come in your room."

Eliza crossed her arms as she bit back a smile. "Well maybe if you used the door like a normal person instead of sneaking in my window I wouldn't feel the need to defend myself."

Wyatt smirked as he circled her. "What's wrong Ellie, afraid of the big bad wolf?"

"You wish Wolfie." She replied, playfully shoving him away.

Wyatt laughed and moved towards her again as she backed away.

"Eliza!?" Her mother's voice called. "Is everything Alright up there!?"

Eliza sighed. "Everything's fine mom! Just trying to shoo out a bug that flew in the window!"

"Alright, just don't stay up too late!" Her mother called back.

"I won't mom!" Eliza replied, turning her attention back to Wyatt.

"And Eliza," her mother added.

"Yeah mom!?" Eliza sighed, wishing her mom would stop interrupting.

"Tell that 'bug' of yours that if he tries anything in my house he'll have alot more than a fly swatter to worry about!" Her mother replied.

"Alright mom!" Eliza groaned, her face flushed with embarrassment as Wyatt laughed.

"Guess I'm busted huh?" Wyatt chuckled.

Eliza rolled her eyes. "You think? For a wolf, you are not very stealthy."

Wyatt placed a hand over his heart, faking a look of hurt. "I have you know I am one of the stealthiest wolves in the pack."

"Uh huh, sure." Eliza smirked, sitting down on her bed. "If that's true, your pack is in so much trouble."

Wyatt laughed as he sat down beside her. He couldn't help the butterflies in his stomach at the sight of Eliza's smirk and the playful gleam in her eyes.

"So how are you doing?" Wyatt asked, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. "I mean, you were zombied out for quite a while and I don't know how that affects you but I'm sure it's not fun."

Eliza smiled, holding out her wrist. "I'm fine Wyatt. My wrist is a little irritated from the irregular electrical pulses but other than that everything is back to normal."

"That's good." Wyatt replied. "I know you guys were risking alot to help us retrieve the moonstone."

"We were risking alot?" Eliza gawked in surprise. "You were the one who was going to let his moonstone run out and it nearly did! I think the real question is are you okay?"

"I'm fine, better than fine actually." Wyatt replied. "The pack is safe, I now have two families who love me, and you're safe. How could I not be?"

Eliza blushed at his words. "I'm glad you're alright too. You really scared me when we walked in the den and you were just laying there. For a moment, I thought we were too late."

Wyatt grasped a stray curl between his fingers and gently tucked it behind her ear. "I promised you I wouldn't go anywhere. Do you really think I'd break that promise, especially to you?"

Eliza shrugged, lowering her gaze. "Words are hard to trust until they're put into action. Any number of things could have happened."

"Ellie," Wyatt's voice was soft as he placed his finger under her chin, tilting her head to meet his gaze. "I am never going to leave you. Not now, not ever. I love you."

With those words Wyatt closed the distance between them, causing Eliza's eyes to widen at the realization of what was happening. After a moment, she closed her eyes and melted into the kiss.

Slowly Wyatt pulled away, resting his forehead against hers as their eyes met. He'd never forget the smile on her lips, the sparkle in her eyes, or the way his heart skipped a beat when she finally replied, "I love you too."

Author's Note

Happy Easter everyone! Finally the moment you have all been waiting for has been delivered!

           -Meloetta246