Heart to Heart

"We'll have to take the cheer bus." Bree spoke up. "Its not as big, but everyone else already took the football bus home. Their parents were starting to get worried."

"It's okay." Addison reassured her. "We'll make it work."

Willa and Wyatt's mother nodded. "I will look after the pack while you are gone. Be safe."

"We will, I promise." Wyatt assured her. "Come on guys, let's go."

Zed, Addison, Wyatt, Willa, Wynter, Bonzo, Bree, and Eliza all boarded the bus. Once everyone was settled Shrimpy took off, following Eliza's directions.

Farther back, Zed wrung his hands nervously as he sat beside Addison. He watched her as she stared out the window, lost in thought.

Slowly he reached over and moved a strand of loose hair back behind her ear, causing Addison to jump in surprise.

"Sorry." Zed apologized, pulling his hand away.

"It's okay." Addison reassured him. "You just startled me, that's all."

She started to turn back towards the window when Zed grabbed her shoulder. "Wait."

Addison turned back, eyeing him curiously. "What is it?"

"I want to apologize." Zed sighed. "I know that I overreacted about the video and I should have trusted you. It's just sometimes I feel like....like...."

Zed's head dropped and he looked away as he struggled to find his words. Beside him, Addison's eyes softened and she placed a hand on his cheek, gently turning him to face her. "It's okay Zed, talk to me. You feel like what?"

"Like I don't deserve you. Like, I'm not enough." Zed admitted.

"Zed." Addison said softly, reaching up to cup his face in her hands. "You have always been more than enough."

"Really?" Zed questioned.

"Yes." Addison laughed, tears pricking at the corners of her eyes. "You're sweet, funny, sensitive, caring, thoughtful, encouraging, selfless, and above all you make me feel wanted. When I'm with you, I know where I belong."

Zed's face broke into a smile as he pulled her into his arms, burying his face into the crook of her neck. Addison could feel his tears dripping onto her collar bone but she didn't care, she only held him tighter.

After a moment, Addison felt his breath make her skin tingle as he mumbled something into her neck.

"What did you say?" Addison asked.

Zed sat up and moved so his forehead rested against hers, their eyes locked on eachother. "I said, when I'm with you I don't feel like a monster."

Addison smiled and instead of responding, closed the gap between the two. Zed wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her close, savoring the moment as Addison's arms snaked around his neck.

Eventually the two came up for air, their foreheads still resting against each other. Smiles ever present on both their faces.

"So we're good?" Zed asked hopefully.

"We're good." Addison reassured him, slipping a hand from around his neck and resting it on his thigh, only to jump back when she touched something hard.

"What?" Zed asked in confusion before his eyes suddenly widened in realization.

He dug into his pocket and pulled out a small, black, velvet box. "I almost forgot, this is for you."

Addison gingerly took the box from his hand, slowly lifting the lid. A small gasp escaped her lips as she saw what was inside.