One of Us

"Addison!"

Zed's cry echoed through the cave as he rushed toward her. When he reached her side he dropped to his knees, gathering her in his arms. "No. No, no, no, no, NO! Addison wake up! Come on, you can't leave me! Please....please....wake up."

Eliza dropped down beside him, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder and she watched him cry. She never thought she'd someone cry while in full zombie form.

Reluctantly, Eliza turned her eyes away from her broken-hearted friend and turned her attention to the unconscious werewolf beside her. His breathing was shallow, but the slow rise and fall of his chest reassured her he was alive.

With gentle fingers she removed the moonstone from around Wyatt's neck and carried over to the new moonstone. Eliza pressed the necklace against the glowing crystal and watched in amazement as it came to life beneath her fingers.

Once she was certain it was charged Eliza returned to Wyatt's side, securing the necklace around his neck. She watched as his moonstone glowed brighter and his eyes fluttered open.

"Ellie?"

"I'm here." Eliza reassured him, intertwining her fingers with his. "Just a little zombified."

Wyatt chuckled as he sat up, pulling her into a hug. "Zombified or not, you're as beautiful as always."

Eliza smiled burying her face in the crook of his neck as he held her. All the fear and worry she had been holding on to melted away and for the first time she felt at ease.

But suddenly Wyatt jerked away, staring at her with wide eyes. "Addison! What happened to....no, oh no."

Wyatt's voice trailed off as his eyes landed Zed. The poor zombie was rocking slowly back and forth, quietly sobbing as he cradled Addison's body on his arms.

Wyatt immediately scrambled forward, trying to deny the sinking feeling in his stomach. As he reached Zed's side he stared at Addison and his worst fears were confirmed.

"No, Addy no." Wyatt whispered, reaching to take her hand.

However, before he could even touch Addison, Zed pulled her away. He clutched her tighter to his chest as he growled at Wyatt.

"Zed, please." He begged. "Let me see her."

Zed's growling only grew louder as he glared at the pleading werewolf.

"This is you're fault!" Zed snarled. "You were supposed to be her anchor! You were supposed to make sure she was safe! Now....now she's gone!"

Wyatt flinched at Zed's words. He knew the zombie was only speaking out of anger and hurt, but the words rang true.

"You're right." Wyatt whispered. "If I had been stronger, maybe I could have stopped her. But Addison made her own choice. She chose to let go of my hand, even when I begged her not to! Addison knew the consequences Zed! She willingly sacrificed herself for the pack, for me!"

Wyatt reached out again, this time placing his hand on Zed's shoulder. "You lost your girlfriend, but I just lost a sister. A sister I didn't even get the chance to really know."

Zed turned away, choosing to focus on Addison's pale face. The emotions inside him were running rampant and he was afraid of what he might say next if he opened his mouth again.

All around them, the cheerleaders, football players, and newly awoken werewolves gathered around. Their faces were solemn as they took in the sight before them. They were safe, but at the cost of another's life.