A Test of Trust

The bus slowed to a stop as Wyatt stared at Eliza's wrist in shock. Behind him, he could hear the grunts and groans coming from Zed and Bonzo. Their Z-bands were being affected as well.

"What is going on?" Wyatt asked.

Eliza shut her laptop and looked up to meet his gaze. "We're close enough to the Moonstone that it is beginning to interfere with electronics, including our Z-bands."

Wyatt's eyes widened. "Where is it then?"

"Through those trees." Eliza pointed. "It's about a mile in though, come on."

Wyatt moved out of the way to let Eliza out. They made their way off the bus, the others following close behind.

"You Zombies gonna be okay?" Willa asked.

"We'll be fine." Eliza reassured her. "But I'm not sure how far in we'll make it before our Z-bands go completely offline."

"Offline!? As in we'll go full Zombie!?" Zed cried.

"Yes, but we have no choice!" Eliza fought back. "They won't be able to lift the moonstone without us!"

Zed shook his head. "No way it's too dangerous! We don't know how long we'll have to go without it! What if we lose control?"

"We won't." Eliza reassured him. "You've controlled it just fine. Bonzo and I can do the same."

"Yeah for a few minutes!" Zed argued. "How do we know that it won't get harder to control the longer we go? It took us almost 30 minutes to get here Eliza and we're going to have to ride back with the moonstone. It's too risky!"

"So you're saying we came all this way for nothing!? That we're going to just give up!?" Eliza cried.

"Stop it!" Addison snapped, stepping between them. "Fighting isn't going to get us anywhere!"

The two Zombies backed off, looking ashamed about their behavior. Addison's eyes softened at the sight, knowing both of their hearts were in the right place.

"Eliza, you're right. We've come too far to give up now." Addison began. "But Zed is right too. We don't know what will happen if you go too long without your Z-bands."

"So what are you saying?" Eliza asked. "We just give up?"

Addison shook her head before turning to Zed. She slipped one hand into his own and placed the other over his Z-band. "I know you're scared, but I know you can control it. Sometimes you have to take risks or you'll never know what you're capable of. We need you Zed, please."

"I want to." Zed admitted, resting his forehead against her own. "But I'd never forgive myself if I hurt someone, especially you."

"You would never hurt anyone. We all know that. And right now the werewolves' lives are depending on us bringing back that moonstone. So will you do it? For me?" Addison asked.

"I'll do it." Zed gave in. "But in one condition."

Addison tilted her head curiously. "What?"

Zed lowered his voice to a whisper as he answered. "If something goes wrong, you run and you never look back. Promise me."

"I promise." Addison agreed. "But I know it won't come to that."

"Uh guys?" Wynter cut in. "We have company."

Everyone turned around and saw the cheer bus pulling up behind them. It came to a stop and everyone's eyes widened when someone finally stepped out.

"Bucky!?"

"Um hi?" He chuckled nervously, adjusting the 'Bucky for President' cap he was wearing.