TWENTY-THREE (i)

{ this was initially a long, heavy-emotions, epiphany-filled chapter but exceeded the limit I wanted it to be so I split into 2 parts. no confusions, just for me to keep track of scene sequence and transition. happy reading! }

»»-««

023. A REDEEMING FEATURE

( something good or positive about somebody/something that is otherwise bad. )

»»—————————««

The mind which knew how to think did not know how to forget. Probably one of the biggest flaws of a living being, which knew how to move closer yet, did know how to part. It left one wondering—if something did change and life could disremember, could you fall out of love? While the same people who had been drenched in ivory moonlight, forgetting the reason for their being itself, so dedicated to loving each other, could balance ever be achieved?

It was known, Myra and Din had the integrity of the finest glass. 

When they touched, entire nebulae had collided into another while leaving an eruption of toxic propellants and gases but, as beautiful as it was, it was unfortunate. So unpropitious that within the beautiful chaos, one would gaze upon and see an abyss, a chasm of no return and endless oblivion. A black hole. Then they ask, why would you cling onto something so impenetrable? How could you keep streaming passion into a void?

But, could you blame them? They had found each other's greatest treasures in the end, while the Fates cautioned against it, she kept choosing him. Predilection never worked great, especially with witches, and despite advice, Myra loved the sweet taste of emotion. To feel human in another's arms. To be seen as a woman, and noticed for what was bounded, not the front.