7

I awoke to the sound of rain hitting the window. I could tell it was more than sprinkling by the constant tapping noise, I never knew it could rain in hell. I got up and opened the window, sticking my hand out in pure curiosity. It felt thicker than water and it looked red like...blood? Well that's a shocker. i closed the window and opened the wardrobe and its of course empty. i'll have to go do a bit of shopping but i don't wanna go alone... i'll ask charlie if she wants to come with. after a quick stretch i went out into the hallway, heading downstairs for breakfast.

"hi y/n! come sit down, breakfast is just about done." charlie greeted with extreme energy. i sat down by angel. when vaggie came over i was relieved to notice no anger between the two.

time skip

i found myself back in the garden planting the rest of flowers in their beds , with charlies help it looked more and more like a gardener paradise and less of a wastland. the green thumb trait really worked with me, charlie had to work on some paper for upcoming ideas on the hotels structure so she couldn't be here when i was finally done with today's work. i sat on the nearby bench and looked at the progress, with time the plants will grow in their new home and then it will all look naturally grown.

' I hope charlie approves of it so far, but knowing her she'll probably approve of even the smallest thing in the hotel as it helps with her dream of redemption.'

"hello darling!"

"oh, hi alastor. fancy seeing you here."

"i must say, this gardens progress is going Splendidly. too bad there are no customers to bask in it."

alastor took a seat beside me with his leg over the other and his microphone-looking staff leaning on the end of the bench. " now then less talk about work and more about you and i ! after all , we haven't had a decent chat since your arrival."

makes sense, we only talked when i bumped into him or he excorted me somewhere and they never lasted long since he was at a rush during those times.

"now then darling, I was wondering how long have you been here?"

"No long, only for a few days. Why do you ask? "

" Well dear, you seemed to not know me when you first bumped into me in the streets and you especially didn't seem frightened."
He ended his sentence with a slightly sarcastic chuckle. "And considering my reputation that almost happens.. Well never haha!"You nervously laugh with him since you don't know how else to respond to that. " Anyways my dear, I should ask this question before I lose my chance in a big pile of work! " You await his question for only a moment before he continues.

"Would you like to attend an outing with me? , darling. "

You slightly blush and nod you head "yes I would love to, I don't really like being stuck at one place so it would be nice. "

"Splendid! I'll meet you at the entrance around 5:00 tomorrow afternoon. " He said as he waves goodbye and walks back to the hotel. You went back to work on the garden as he smile somehow got wider with an mischievous intent.

"Getting to know a chess piece in my game will certainly be a blast."

He says his last thought at loud before going through the door.

'The game has been set and a Checkmate is almost upon you. "