Chapter 27: Mia

"Admit it! You're going to miss me," Grey said, securing his arms around my waist.

"I will admit no such thing," I told him. My arms were hanging limply at my sides because we'd been standing in the same position for five minutes. This started as a sweet hug goodbye but then turned into this. Me, not bothering to escape Grey and his antics.

"But I'm going to miss you," he muttered sadly.

I was two seconds away from actually falling for that.

"Yeah, well, who wouldn't miss me?" I replied, earning myself a very predictable reaction.

Grey snickered and stepped back away from me. "You can't humor me for a minute?"

I scrunched up my nose at him and stuck out my tongue. "Let's be honest. Whether I was serious or not, the minute you hear that I might potentially miss you, you'll get a big head about it and throw it in my face the entire time you're away." I crossed my arms. "Now hurry up. I don't want you to be late. The guys are probably waiting for you." I handed him my truck keys.

Two days ago, Grey and the guys got a call from an old friend of Lila's. They asked if they could play at their rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. Their band had quit last minute, and they thought the guys would be a great replacement.

The guys didn't have anything else planned for those days, and the location was within a reasonable driving distance, only five hours away. Also, they made them an offer they couldn't refuse. It's easily one of the biggest paydays for the band.

Supposedly, the happy couple was loaded, and I wasn't surprised. Santiago and Lila were pretty well off too. By the way, Santiago, Lila, and Mari will also be there while one of the managers holds the fort back at the bar. They asked me if I wanted to tag along, but I declined.

This would be the first guys' trip that Grey had been on. I was not counting all those times he and my dad hung out and went fishing by the lake. So I think it would be good for him and the guys to bond. I mean, they're practically four peas in a pod at this point but still. I wanted him to enjoy this and experience the whole band thing.

"Fine. Gimme a kiss for the road, and I'll leave." Grey lowered his head, and I stood on my tippy toes to meet him halfway.

Once our lips touched, I melted into him, savoring every second of it.

I parted my lips giving him access and our tongues collided. He tasted like Cinnabon and espresso. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

Grey grabbed my hips, pulling me to him and effectively eliminating the tiny space between us. Good.

I didn't know how I managed to ignore the fire between us for as long as I did.

Everything about this kiss, the way Grey's tongue hungrily chased after mine one minute, then how he expertly took nips at my bottom lip the next, I was in an absolute state of bliss.

He released a deep sexy groan, and my thoughts went to the dirtiest place.

I broke away first, but it took me a minute to gain some composure before I slowly blinked my eyes open.

I watched a slow, smug grin take over Grey's features.

"Yeah, you're totally going to miss me." He winked.

See! That right there was what I was talking about.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes. I said the first thing that came to mind, desperately needing a subject change. "Anyways, I want updates. Call me when you get there and check in to your hotel. And please drive safe. We have one car since someone wanted to be impractical and ride a motorcycle around," I teased.