Chapter 33: Mia

Grey slammed the door on his way out.

I thought I'd give him a few minutes to cool off. But when an hour passed by, it occurred to me that he might not bother coming back home tonight.

I brought my knees up to my chest and curled into a ball on the couch. I let the tears come from the frustration of this whole situation.

I knew this could've been prevented. But the other stuff, we said to each other, I felt like that was something we'd both been bottling up for some time.

I didn't think either of us was wrong, but I knew it would take some time to let those words sink in.

Meanwhile, I needed to vent.

I marched down to Freya's apartment in my fuzzy socks and Hello Kitty pajamas and lightly knocked on the door.

She opened it, took a good look at my state, and pulled me inside.

"OHMYGOSH! What happened, Mia?" She asked with concern, dragging me over to the couch.

I hung my head, focusing on my chipped fingernails. "Grey and I got into a fight, and he stormed out," I sniffled.

"I didn't know you guys fought. You guys may bicker at times, but you two are so close. I can't imagine the two of you having such a huge blowout."

We've never argued this before.

"It's kind of my fault." I went on to explain the whole story.

Freya listened, only nodding her head between my pauses and inserting a few comments here and there. "I can see where you're coming from. I can see where you're both coming from, and I think you two just need a little space to think and cool off."

"You think he'll come back?" I asked her.

"Of course, honey! There's no way he can stay away from you. That boy loves you!" she exclaimed.

My jaw dropped. "What?" My eyes widened with shock.

Freya smiled sweetly and reached for my hand. "You mean to tell me that you have no idea Greyson loves you?" She quirked a brow. "Anybody, literally anybody with eyes, could see that. He's absolutely crazy about you, and that's not going to change." She gave my hand a comforting squeeze. "So, don't worry about it. Couples fight all the time. Completely normal." She flitted her hand in the air.

"Okay." I nodded slowly, feeling slightly relieved.

"Trust me," she added.

I smiled weakly. "Alright."

Freya jumped to the next issue. "Now about the Mom situation,"

I grumbled, rolling my eyes.

"Nope. None of that. Go straight to your mother's and stop stalling. Tell her how you feel."

I sucked in my bottom lip.

"Do you want me to go with you for moral support?" Freya wrapped one arm around my shoulder, hugging me to her.

I shook my head, then rested it on her shoulder.

"No, I need to do this on my own, but I appreciate the offer. Thank you," I told her.

"No problem. I'm always here if you need me." She brought me into a hug, and I leaned into her embrace, soaking in all the warmth and support I needed.

A few seconds later, I gathered all the motivation I could muster and stood up.

"I'm going to do it!" I told Freya. "And I should do it now before all the motivation goes out the window."

Freya cackled. "In that case." She jumped to her feet and shooed me. "Go, go, go!" She walked me to the front door and gave me another hug. "Let me know how everything goes, okay."