Chapter 37: Mia

I couldn't feel my face.

I spent hours laughing with everyone and taking so many pictures. I swear my cheeks were sore.

Mom got to meet all my friends, and she instantly loved them. Matt seemed to quickly bond with the guys too.

Ella fit right in, which wasn't surprising considering she and the guys already spent some time together when they were secretly planning this whole thing. Then Freya couldn't stop gushing over Ella and mentioned multiple times that she was a mini-me.

I was hoping Ella wouldn't get annoyed by that, getting compared to me all of the time, but the way her face lit up when Freya said it, I knew that she loved it.

A part of me was tempted to disagree, though, because Ella being compared to me didn't do her enough justice. Ella was 100x times more impressive than I could ever be, and I loved her for it. I haven't known her long, but everything I've learned has made me proud to be her big sister. So this goes without saying, but I couldn't stop gushing over her either.

After dinner, we had the desserts I made while we watched a movie. We had taken a vote between watching the live-action Lion King or Aladdin. Aladdin won by mudslide because we all agreed we couldn't watch Mufasa die. I didn't care how old I got, I would forever fast forward through that part of the Lion king.

Dean started this sing-along throughout the movie, and we all joined in, surprised most of us knew all of the words minus mom and Matt. They just laughed at our impromptu Disney concert.

It was about 10:30ish when we all decided to call it a night. We didn't want the neighbors filing any noise complaints.

The guys and Freya helped clean up, and then they left first since they had carpooled.

I asked Mom and Matt if Ella could come over for dinner tomorrow night, and they agreed. They decided to make tomorrow a date night for themselves. So then Ella asked if she could spend the night instead. I looked to Greyson, and he scooped her up in his arms and said, "Of course you spend the night, freckles." He spun her around, and she started giggling.

Mom and I had a little heart to heart and told them that dad had his suspicions about Greyson and me for a while now, but he was waiting for us to confirm. This meant that Grey and I finally needed to have that talk with our parents and tell them the news.

No doubt, his mother will probably start planning our wedding the minute we tell her.

Anyways, we all said our goodbyes and headed home. When Grey saw me yawning, he offered to drive, and I gladly gave him the keys.

Back at home, I kicked my shoes off at the door and slid them onto the shoe closet. Grey flicked on the lights, and I stretched my arms above my head, walking down the hall. "It feels so good to be home," I said.

Grey treaded behind me quietly. His eyes were glued to the ground as he appeared lost in his thoughts.

"I'm going in the shower," I told him.

He nodded, then his eyes met mine. "Can I come with you?" He whispered.

I shrugged, pretending that my heart hadn't decided to act like we were running a marathon. "Sure." I smiled, hoping it didn't give away any of the nervousness I was feeling.

I headed towards the bathroom, not sneaking a peek behind because I'm sure I would chicken out. When we made it to the bathroom, I heard Grey close the door, and I went to turn the shower on, giving it a few seconds to warm up.

For a minute, I stood facing there, facing the shower with my back turned to Grey.

"Mia..." I heard him mutter.

"Hmm..."

"Turn around, please."

I did as I was told.

Grey moved forward until he was a foot away from me, and then he began to unbutton his shirt.

I watched his fingers go through the motion before he slipped the shirt right off his shoulders, letting it drop to the floor. His glorious abs were on display.

Grey smirked, then his eyes flickered to my halter top.

I reached for the hem and lifted it over my head.

His eyes widened when he discovered that I wasn't wearing a bra underneath. There was a built-in bra that gave the girls some support, so I didn't bother with a real one.

A slow smile crept up on his lips.

I waited for his next move. His socks came off next, and I crossed my arms, pouting.

That was the least exciting article of clothing to come off.

"Patience, babe." He winked, stuffing his socks into one another and placing them on the counter.

I see the mirror begin to fog up from the steam.

Grey zipped down his pants, chucking them onside, and then finally, he slipped off his boxers.

I gasped, biting down on my bottom lip hard enough to leave a bruise.

"I'll go first." He stepped around me, and I heard the shower door open and shut.

I took a deep breath, finished undressing, neatly folded my clothes, and put them off to the side.

Stepped into the shower, Greyson had his back to me, and my eyes followed the droplets of water that slithered down the curve of his back.

Wow.

He slicked back his soaking wet hair then spun around to face me. His eyes traveled up and down my body before a handsome smug grin appeared.

I felt my legs moved forward, and I didn't know what I was doing.

My hand slid up his chest to the back of this neck while the other snaked around him to pull him up against me.

Grey lowered his head and devoured my lips.

Goosebumps, sparks, heart palpitations, I felt everything all at once. Grey hoisted me up, and I wrapped my legs around his waist.

"I've had fantasies about us in the shower," Grey confessed, kissing alongside my neck and collarbone.

A soft sound escaped my lips.

"I want you, Mia," his husky voice sent shivers down my spine.

"Here?" I asked stupidly.

Grey grinned. "Here, in my bed, wherever you want."

Instead of answering him, I rubbed my hips against his and bit the corner of my lips.

"I guess that's my answer." He brought his mouth to mine, and we got lost in each other.

Later we moved that party into his room, and if I thought doing it in the shower was fun, but it was nothing compared to what happened in that bedroom.

We made love, and my body has never felt more content in all its life.

Grey cuddled into me, wrapping his arms around my back and pulling me closer to him. I giggled a bit, but it wasn't loud enough to wake him.

I brushed a lock of hair from his face. The more I looked at this man, the more I was grateful to the universe for bringing him into my life when it did.

We've been leaning on each other from day one, and neither of us had the faintest idea that all those years of friendship would have to lead us here. Together.

It used to be a fantasy, having my best friend as my boyfriend, my lover. I used to think I was crazy and delusional, that I could never be so lucky as to have Greyson as both.

And that's what made all of this so special.

Grey was everything a girl could ask for wrapped up into one. And I loved him.

I pressed a soft kiss onto his lips, hoping not to wake him.

He remained blissfully unaware of it, making me smile.

What was I so worried about? I never had anything to lose.

Not when it came to Greyson.