Chapter 2

Clementine's POV

I step out into the courtyard and see everyone doing their own thing, Aasim talking to Ruby while writing in his so called "history book", Omar finishing up breakfast, Louis being the causal dumbass he is, Willy currently on watch, and Violet is over in graveyard. I'll have to talk to her sometime, ease this tension between us.

I smile, "today feels good." I think to myself, "definitely a good day to take that walk." I look over and find AJ at a table drawing, it's nice that he at least has something to help pass the time. I walk over to him.

"Heya, kiddo." I sat next to him and observe his drawing "Whatcha drawing there?" I ask, smiling at him.

He stops for a second and looks at me, "Hey, Clem!" he exclaims, "Well, when I came out, I noticed that Violet is over in the graveyard and she's probably still upset about what I did to Tenn, so I thought I would make her something to help atone for what I did." he explained.

I sighed and smile. "I'm glad you're such a good kid." I praised as I pat him on the back. "I feel bad for her, losing Minnie and Sophie, finding out that Minnie was corrupted and the cause of Sophie's death, almost losing your eyesight, then losing the last person you were really close to." I tell him, he frowns.

"But it's okay." I continue. "It's a lot that's happened in a short amount of time, she'll come back around, I promise." I reassure him with a smile.

That seems to cheer him up. "Yeah, you're right!" he exclaims. "It's not much, but hopefully this will make her think I still care about her."

I laugh. "Trust me kiddo, she knows you do."

"Guys! Breakfast!" Omar shouts.

"C'mon kiddo, let's go eat." I get up and head over to the main table.

"Heya Clem, AJ." Aasim greets us as we sit down. "Everything going alright?" He asks me.

"Yeah, my leg is doing a whole better, thanks." I say, giving him a kind-hearted smile, he jolts down more stuff in his 'history book'. "Writing about how you and Ruby got together in your 'diary' huh?" I tease, giving him a smug grin.

He turns away embarrassed. "Look I told you it's a history book, not a diary."

I laugh. "You're writing about your life in a journal, it's a diary."

"Yeah? Well I-" Aasim gets cutoff as Omar starts putting everyone's breakfast down.

"Here you go Clem." He sets my bowl down. "Thanks Omar, appreciate it always." I say, giving him a kind-hearted smile.

He smiles back. "Of course Clem." He sets Aasim's bowl down. "And for the record Aasim, it is a diary." He laughs.

He starts to get annoyed. "I swear and I thought I would never say this, but y'all are more annoying than Louis."

"I'm gonna take that as a compliment Aasimy!" Louis says, sitting down, taking a bowl.

"Yeah sug, no need to get so worked up." Ruby said, sitting next to Aasim.

We all finish up breakfast and Louis pulls out a deck of cards with a grin on his face.

"I think we should play a game, Clem you down?" Louis asks.