Chapter 10

"So, what'd all do you have in that caravan?" I asked Javi.

"Not too much, just some food, supplies like sheet metal and wood, and some weapons."

"Alright, that sheet metal should be pretty good for our walls. It'd be tougher for it to burn and the food should hold us out for a bit so we don't have to go hunting anytime soon."

"Hey um Y/N." Javi cuts me off.

"Huh? What's up?"

"You might want to take care of her." He says pointing to a shaking Clementine in the distance.

"Oh huh. Yeah, I'll be right back." I said before running over to her.

She's in the doorway to the dorms and she's shaking with her head in her hands.

"Clem what's wrong?" I asked and she jerks ups, I see tears running down her cheeks.

"Aww why are you crying?" I asked, rubbing the tears off her cheeks.

"D-did you mean it?" She asked sniffling.

"Mean what?"

"Everything you said about me to Javi."

"O-oh uhh yeah I did." I said nervously rubbing the back of my neck.

She then gives me a passionate hug. "Thank you. I love you."

I return the hug. "I love you too. I mean it really."

She giggles. "I was kinda like you back then."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. When I 'lost' AJ, I lost the last thing that kept me going. I almost ended it all, but then I found out he was still alive and I made sure that no matter what, I will find him. And here I am."

I smile and kiss her on the cheek. "Well, I'm glad you didn't end it. I would've probably ended it too, but enough of all that. Let's get to planning eh?"

She smiles and we head back to Javier.

"Everything going alright, Clem?" He asks and she nods at him with a smile.

"Yeah, we just had to clear something up. Don't worry about it." I told him.

"Alright, so is that gate the only entrance this place has?" He asks.

"As far as I know, yeah. We also have the barbed wire from last time so they can't climb over so easy." Clementine responds.

"Wait we got barbed wire on fence?" I then looked and noticed it on the fence. "Huh. How'd the hell I didn't notice?" Clementine and Javi laugh.

"This should make defending easier." I continued.

"So we just put the sheet metal along the fences?" Javi asks.

"Pretty much yeah. You saw how many molotovs they used when they attacked Richmond. Let's see what they think when we have stuff that's hard to burn." I respond.

"Ok that sounds good. I'll get some of the kids on it." Clementine says.

"Alright. I'm thinking what if we ambushed them? Like hide in the woods and when they attack, we'll be waiting behind them." I suggest.

Clem looks at me. "That sounds a little risky. How can we ambush them if we don't know when they're attacking?"

"Hmm that's a good point, I'm not sure then. Maybe make an side exit? So when we see that they're here we'll send a group out to ambush them." I said.

Javi cuts in. "Are you sure that they're gonna even attack? Clem, didn't you say they lost some men the last time they attacked?"

"Yeah, and their boat got destroyed."

"Actually Javi, you're right. Those two people that had Clem said they WANTED to attack us so there's a chance that they won't do it again." I admit.

"So we could be doing all this for nothing?" Clem asks me.

"I mean yeah kinda, but it's good to be safe."

"True."

"So, uhh what do we do now?" Javi asks.

"You know, I'm not really sure." I respond.

"I think I have an idea of what to do!" I turn around and see Louis pulling out a pack of cards.

"Oh god, war again?" Clementine asks.

"Nope! Truth or dare!" He responds.

"With cards?" Javi asks.

"In this version. Everyone draws, highest asks and lowest has to answer."

"Ah fuck it, I'm in." I said.

"Count me in." Violet said pulling up a chair.

"I guess I'll join." Clementine said.

"If Clem's in it, I am too." AJ said.

"Where'd the hell y'all came from?" I asked.

"The dorms." Louis said with a grin.

"Smartass." I look over at Javi. "You joining?"

"Nah I'm gonna catch some sleep. I couldn't last night." He said winking at me and Clem, causing us to blush.

Louis catches onto. "Y/N getting some? I told you she was single!"

"Let's just play the game." I said while Clem buries her head in her arms.

Louis laughed as he passes the cards around.

I lost and Louis won.

"Well damn, let's go with a dare." I said with a grin.

"I dare you to...... swap a piece of clothing with Clem."

"Ha! Easy!" I turn to her. "Lemme get that hat." She giggles. "Let me have your coat."

"Done!" Once that's over with, we all flip again. I win and Violet loses.

"Do you hate me?" I asked her and she laughed. "Before yeah, but now? You're pretty cool."

I laugh and nod. We all flip again, AJ won and Clem lost.

"Why did you ask me to sleep in Tenn's old room?" He asked innocently. Me and Clem's eyes go wide.

"It's a umm surprise? Yeah, a surprise that you couldn't see." She responds nervously.

"What kind of surprise?" He asks.

"Nope, you already asked a question." She laughed

We continued to play a few more rounds before we all got bored.

"I think we should call it a night." I suggested and everyone gave a nod of approval before heading off to do whatever.

Clementine holds her hand out to me. "What? I can't keep wearing it?" I asked and she giggled. "Nope." She snatched it off my head.

"Well can I have my coat back?"

"Hmm nope! It feels like you're constantly hugging me."

I put my arm around her shoulder. "Fine, you keep wearing it. Only because you look really cute in it." I laugh.